What's new

Galaxy Tab S8+ Incorrect password error

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

felicem

Occasional Visitor
Hello community,

After upgrading my Tab S8+ with latest sw update, I can no longer connect with my GT-AXE11000 6GHz SSID. I get an incorrect password error which is total nonsense. Did the usual forgetting, reconnecting, even tried creating new 6GHz SSID with new password but always getting same error. Prior to upgrading the Tab S8+ I was able to connect and use my WiFi 6E setup.

I set router syslog to debug, and all. But see absolutely nothing whatsoever in the logs when trying to connect. When connecting to 5GHz SSID on this router I do see log entries so I think logging on asuswrt-merlin is fine.

Can I conclude this is likely some internal issue on the galaxy tab s8+ and this incorrect password error is just misleading? Or are there any known issues on asuswrt-merlin when it comes to logging for wifi 6e ?

Should I expect asuswrt-merlin to include logs for these failed attempts to connect with my 6GHz SSID ?

Can't help but feel I'm missing something here.

Any tips or advise greatly appreciated.

BTW, I did install entware and aircrack but not sure whether I can expect to be able to use airodump on the router itself.

Thanks,
Felice