1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Game - Apex Legends - fix Lag via VPN

Discussion in 'VPN' started by Fecorexo, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Fecorexo

Fecorexo New Around Here

Hi guys, I am a fan of apex legends and I wonder if the methods that this page provides worth trying - https://www.wizcase.com/blog/tip-to-fix-apex-legends-lag/. To cut a long story short, one of the options to fix lag is to use vpn as it sets the location on a different server. So, I want to invest one, though I need some kind of proof that it's worth trying. Thanks!

2. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

I very much doubt whether it would help, in fact I would expect it to make things worse. But everyone's internet connection is different so it might help.

To be honest I wouldn't trust that "fix" suggestion. This is advise from a website who's sole purpose is to sell people VPN subscriptions.

L&LD likes this.
  3. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

This is really a case-by-case thing. It depends first of all if your ISP has better routing/peering to that VPN server than to the target game server. The only way to know for sure if it would help in your particular case is to try it. So if you are looking into one of the available "game enhancer" services, make sure they offer some kind of trial first.

In general, these services are more likely to help if playing on a game server located on a different continent. If the game server is within the same country (or a nearby country), then it's unlikely to provide any real difference. It's also unlikely to provide any enhancement if you are on a major ISP, as these tend to have pretty good peering agreements.

4. Fecorexo

Fecorexo New Around Here

Thanks for your thoughts, ColinTaylor

5. Fecorexo

Fecorexo New Around Here

I like this idea a lot, thanks for the input. I'll try to research some deals from a different continent just for a test.
    Thanks!