What's new

Game boost - Xbox One?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FatalOstriches

New Around Here
I have a 6/0.64 DSL connection and am getting an Asus router to prioritize my Xbox One so when others are streaming Netflix my ping isn't 3,000. Does game boost help on Xbox One? I'm currently debating between getting an AC68U or an AC86U. My ISP provided F@ST 1704N is horrendous so the better wireless functionality is honestly just a plus. Thanks for reading & replying!

I have a 6/0.64 DSL connection and am getting an Asus router to prioritize my Xbox One so when others are streaming Netflix my ping isn't 3,000. Does game boost help on Xbox One? I'm currently debating between getting an AC68U or an AC86U. My ISP provided F@ST 1704N is horrendous so the better wireless functionality is honestly just a plus. Thanks for reading & replying!

You will be happy with 86u, it also have good wireless performance.

If you’re wanting to play while people are watching Netflix, the big issue is Blufferboat—basically, the more thuroughput you are using, the more your ping goes up. www.dslreports.com/Speedtest
That Speed test will show you how much latency is actually add it when you are using your entire collection.

The best remedy for it is putting merlins firmware on your ASUS Router and setting up active QOS with FQ_codel—use manual bandwidth settings & experiment with bandwidth values between 85%-100% of your connection speed.

I was able to go from a D rating to an A or A+. It makes a tremendous difference when you are sharing in interconnect connection with people who are streaming.

If you’re wanting to play while people are watching Netflix, the big issue is Blufferboat—basically, the more thuroughput you are using, the more your ping goes up. www.dslreports.com/Speedtest
That Speed test will show you how much latency is actually add it when you are using your entire collection.

The best remedy for it is putting merlins firmware on your ASUS Router and setting up active QOS with FQ_codel—use manual bandwidth settings & experiment with bandwidth values between 85%-100% of your connection speed.

I was able to go from a D rating to an A or A+. It makes a tremendous difference when you are sharing in interconnect connection with people who are streaming.
I'm not sure if limiting my bandwidth (for example I was going to get an edgerouter to try this) would work since I only have 0.6 up, would I still have enough to game?

You have 6Mbit downstream and 0.6mbit up?
If you have about two people watching Netflix in 1080p that's almost 2x3 Mbit down.
And the incoming packets need to be confirmed, so you are using a bit of upstream already. (about 1/10 so 6/0.6 seems just right..)

Problem is indeed your ping. You'll get parked in crappy lobbies anyway :(

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!