What's new

gcc can not run after installed for sometime

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

saccleo

Regular Contributor
i met a strange problem with gcc.
i have a model rt-ac66u_b1 with asuswrt and the firmware is update to 386.9.
GCC is installed via opkg, it can be run just after installed, but after several hours it can not run and out put ld error.
i have make a factory reset and jffs formate, but there was no help.
when run gcc in ssh terminal, the output is like below:
/opt/bin/ld: cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory
/opt/bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
/opt/bin/ld: cannot find crtbegin.o: No such file or directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Oh dear.
/opt/bin/ld: cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory
/opt/bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
/opt/bin/ld: cannot find crtbegin.o: No such file or directory

Oh dear.

I am sure that these three files are there in /opt/lib/, so it is a problem with firmware, such as nand flash?

I am sure that these three files are there in /opt/lib/, so it is a problem with firmware, such as nand flash?
Could be a corrupted filesystem. How sure are you that the files are there? What do you get from this command:
Code:
find /opt/ -name 'crt*'

Could be a corrupted filesystem. How sure are you that the files are there? What do you get from this command:
Code:
find /opt/ -name 'crt*ind /opt/ -name 'crt'
return nothing, these file are missing. after reinstall gcc, i can find these files again.

/opt/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-gnueabi/8.4.0/crt1.o
/opt/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-gnueabi/8.4.0/crti.o
/opt/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-gnueabi/8.4.0/crtbeginS.o
/opt/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-gnueabi/8.4.0/crtend.o
/opt/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-gnueabi/8.4.0/crtbeginT.o
/opt/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-gnueabi/8.4.0/crtn.o
/opt/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-gnueabi/8.4.0/crtendS.o
/opt/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-gnueabi/8.4.0/crtbegin.o
/opt/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-gnueabi/8.4.0/crtfastmath.o

It sure looks like the problem I linked to before. If it is then those files will get deleted again. I don't know how long that will take to happen but I'd guess it would be within one day. If you can confirm that's the problem then I suggest you go back to the previous firmware version until it's fixed.

It sure looks like the problem I linked to before. If it is then those files will get deleted again. I don't know how long that will take to happen but I'd guess it would be within one day. If you can confirm that's the problem then I suggest you go back to the previous firmware version until it's fixed.
i found these files are deleted after sometime, even include files i stored in other directory for backup.
Are these files are treated as virus, so they are deleted.

Are these files are treated as virus, so they are deleted.
That appears to be the case. No one knows for sure what it's meant to do as there's no documentation on that process. But if you look in /jffs/asd.log you'll probably see "Delete harmful file" messages.