What's new

Get to admin site of Nighthawk M1 (MR1100) behind router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Max Pixel

New Around Here
I have a Nighthawk M1 (MR1100) for internet service. I used it briefly as the sole router, but then got an ASUS RT-AC3100, switched the Nighthawk to "IP Passthrough" mode, and inserted the new router in-between the Nighthawk and the PCs.

It works great so far, however I'm not sure how to get to the Nighthawk's admin panel anymore. When it was the sole network device, it was simply a matter of going to 192.168.1.1, but that IP address is now the address of the ASUS router from the perspective of my computer. Is there a different IP address that I can go to, or am I going to need to connect a computer directly to the Nighthawk whenever I need to modify its settings?

I have a Nighthawk M1 (MR1100) for internet service. I used it briefly as the sole router, but then got an ASUS RT-AC3100, switched the Nighthawk to "IP Passthrough" mode, and inserted the new router in-between the Nighthawk and the PCs.

It works great so far, however I'm not sure how to get to the Nighthawk's admin panel anymore. When it was the sole network device, it was simply a matter of going to 192.168.1.1, but that IP address is now the address of the ASUS router from the perspective of my computer. Is there a different IP address that I can go to, or am I going to need to connect a computer directly to the Nighthawk whenever I need to modify its settings?
Can't you just change the IP address on one of the routers to say 192.168.0.1,or something like that i have the same setup with a tp link set up to pass-through an Assus rt ac 88 u and it works fine

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!