What's new

Get WiFi signal into garage for eCharger

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Piedskipuent

New Around Here
So, in the end did you find a solutions? [to extending Wi-Fi from house to garage]
I am facing the same problem, advange we have is that we haven't installed a charging box yet, we are looking at many diverse options, but all seem very limited if not using WIFI.
we have the same, appartment on the 2nd floor and would need the car chrager in an underground garage.
I am actually quite surprised that all charging box manufacturers haven't planned for that, since everybody in Europe will be forced to use electric cars and (at least where i live) all new buildings need to have underground garages since at least 2000, there will be a ton of people with this problem

anyway, i wrote to the ABB guys, and even now, a year later got a similar response as you did.
We are now looking at Go-e charger, that works on a local Hotspot but you lose a lot of functionality from the app for not having Wlan.

So if you managed to find a solution, i am all ears

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
So, in the end did you find a solutions? [to extending Wi-Fi from house to garage]
I am facing the same problem, advange we have is that we haven't installed a charging box yet, we are looking at many diverse options, but all seem very limited if not using WIFI.
we have the same, appartment on the 2nd floor and would need the car chrager in an underground garage.
I am actually quite surprised that all charging box manufacturers haven't planned for that, since everybody in Europe will be forced to use electric cars and (at least where i live) all new buildings need to have underground garages since at least 2000, there will be a ton of people with this problem

anyway, i wrote to the ABB guys, and even now, a year later got a similar response as you did.
We are now looking at Go-e charger, that works on a local Hotspot but you lose a lot of functionality from the app for not having Wlan.

So if you managed to find a solution, i am all ears

thanks!

I installed an AiMesh AP in my garage to extend the home network there.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!