What's new

Getting openVPN to access SMB

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ars92

Occasional Visitor
HI, have been a long time lurker but havent really posted much.

OK, I have an AC68U with merlin 35_4. Have configured openVPN server, which works well with the openVPN client on my Note 3. I can access my NAS webGUI, and ping my PCs on my local network, but I just can't get SMB to work. Are there any special stuff I need to do to get it to work?

Here are my settings

Hope I can get some pointers on how to access files on my home network as thats the main reason I got this router (and of course to be on the bleeding edge! :p)

Attachments

• lan_merlin.PNG
    lan_merlin.PNG
    28.2 KB · Views: 406
  • vpn_merlin.jpg
    vpn_merlin.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 310
HI, have been a long time lurker but havent really posted much.

OK, I have an AC68U with merlin 35_4. Have configured openVPN server, which works well with the openVPN client on my Note 3. I can access my NAS webGUI, and ping my PCs on my local network, but I just can't get SMB to work. Are there any special stuff I need to do to get it to work?

Here are my settings

Hope I can get some pointers on how to access files on my home network as thats the main reason I got this router (and of course to be on the bleeding edge! :p)

In order to access SMB shares on your network you should configure your OpenVPN server in TAP mode.

In order to access SMB shares on your network you should configure your OpenVPN server in TAP mode.

Or directly access your SMB shares by their IP. TAP is only required if you need broadcast-based network discovery to work.