What's new

Getting rid of offline error message on TM-AC1900

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff007

New Around Here
TM-AC1900 working in offline mode (no internet) with pop up error message constantly coming up... need help in figuring out how to suppress or turn off error message that states the following:

TM-AC1900
You failed to access to the web page that you want to view.

Reason for failed connection :
  • The network cable is not connected.
We suggest you: (Need account and password of administrator.)
  • Please ensure that the cable is properly connected between the router's and the modem's WAN port.
  • If a problem still persists, manually change the connection settings. Click here to go to the setup page You can check and config your setting by yourself.
Yes, I use the router for offline mode because it lives at a vacation home where hard wired and fixed wireless internet is not a viable option. Yes, I know about tethering my cell phone so please DO NOT bring that up in the discussion. I only need the router to provide a constant uninterrupted wifi connection to various wireless devices in the house without the need for internet. I have been successful with this in the past using a less powerful different router. I bought this router because of the stronger signal strength that it provides. However, this annoying error message has to literally be closed out or dismissed over and over every time I connect wirelessly to the router from my computer...PLEASE HELP...how do you turn it off or suppress it in the router's settings? I am aware of how access the settings and have looked thoroughly through them with no luck...help.

Last edited:
I don't know how similar your router's firmware is to Asus', but have you gone to the WAN > Internet Connection page and set Enable WAN to No?

Colin,
Thank you for that suggestion, I will give that a try next time I am out there and can access the router. I am using AsusWRT-Merlin firmware, I would need to physically be near the router to give a version number. I will follow up here with my results and a firmware version number when I get to it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!