What's new

Gigabit speed drops to 1/3 DL after losing power

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

binarydad

Regular Contributor
I've noticed that after a couple sudden power-outages that my AC68U, once coming back online, is only maxing out at about 1/3 the usual download speed. I usually get 800-900 down on fast.com, but continually get only 350ish after losing power. LAN speed is fine. Last time I had to reset the router and things went back to normal. It seems I'll have to again after losing it again this morning.

What causes this? Is there anything I can set/change/reset before kicking everyone offline during elearning by doing a full reset? Thanks.

I've noticed that after a couple sudden power-outages that my AC68U, once coming back online, is only maxing out at about 1/3 the usual download speed. I usually get 800-900 down on fast.com, but continually get only 350ish after losing power. LAN speed is fine. Last time I had to reset the router and things went back to normal. It seems I'll have to again after losing it again this morning.

What causes this? Is there anything I can set/change/reset before kicking everyone offline during elearning by doing a full reset? Thanks.

A UPS can help keep power stable. Bad power does bad things and then you have to run around and try to clean it up.

OE