What's new

Glass Shelves OK for wireless router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ssmasterone

Occasional Visitor
This is my entertainment center. The shelves are black frosted glass. Right now I have the router on the right hand side of the middle shelf next to my PlayStation. I used to have it on the top shelf right under the TV. I built a new shelf behind the TV to hide all the wires and power adapters and things like that, and have a switch hiding back there. Years ago, I used to have the router on top of the speaker, and that wasn't good for the signal. Also, granite also didn't seem good for the signal.

Short of mounting it behind the tv, which I think would in and of itself block some of the signal, where should I keep the router?

It is a TP LINK Archer C3150V2. It is an apartment so I only need to worry about 1 floor.

Also, nothing on that entertainment center is running off WiFi. Every single component is hard wired.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1495292189781.jpg
    FB_IMG_1495292189781.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!