What's new

Gmail backup?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a freebie that runs on a PC and downloads all gmail folders into one file. That can go on to the NAS.
There's a restore capability too, but I admit I've not used that. Google hasn't failed me/us in years.

For windows 7 (et al) the file name I have is
gmail-backup-0.107.exe

this may be the web site

http://www.gmail-backup.com/

Beware: It will backup your trash and sent files. So you may want to do housecleaning. I don't do so often enough with Google's generous storage allotments.

Last edited:
I believe the OP asked because there is a beta app for the QNAP NASes that backs up Gmail accounts.
At least I read news about it in the same day he started the thread.
I twitted Synology about it. They didn't reply. Yet.
If Synology, or a 3rd party developer, creats it, I would use it.

Running the gmail backup on a pc, going to the synology NAS is what I do... Every month or so.

Last edited:
OwnMyCopy author here

If I may, I'd suggest our OwnMyCopy software. It' has a simple Gmail-like viewer for the backed emails and labels. The backup data format is the fast and lightweight SQLITE database, and of course, you can export your emails to the standard .EML file format :)

Disclaimer - I'm the developer :)

Look you can download all the emails data from your email id to your local system in various file format by using the Softaken Gmail Backup Tool to make the data secure saved into file format like PST, MBOX, EML, MSG, etc. After that you can safely migrate data into supportive email client without any problem.

"...and if you order one of these products now, you get not one, but three free Shamwow sponges, so order yours today!"

Hi, I would like to suggest an advanced DRS Gmail Backup tool for users to create backup Gmail emails to PDF, PST, EML, EMLX, MBOX, HTML, Yahoo, Office 365, etc. There is no requirement for any technical knowledge to run the tool.
Really? More spammy commercial plugs for crapware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!