What's new

GoFundMe fundraiser suggestions?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

flyboynm

Regular Contributor
I am NOT asking you for $. I am asking for BRAINSTORMING. Notice - there is no link to the GoFundMe. If you want to see it, PM me and I will send you the link.

A friend of ours (Playboy's Miss February 1969) has started a GoFundMe for us. We had our house burglarized on Thanksgiving. The burglars took everything of monetary value from the house. Our lives revolved around the computers that were stolen - I am a PhD student and my wife works online as a VA and does web/graphical design. We have no income until those computers are replaced.

The GoFundMe has video of the burglars before they took down the Internet, photos of the police report is available, etc. We haven't been able to gain any traction on getting donations to help us get back on our feet.

Can any of you give suggestions that might help us get our GoFundMe more notice and/or be more productive?

A friend of ours (Playboy's Miss February 1969) has started a GoFundMe for us. We had our house burglarized on Thanksgiving. The burglars took everything of monetary value from the house. Our lives revolved around the computers that were stolen - I am a PhD student and my wife works online as a VA and does web/graphical design. We have no income until those computers are replaced.

The GoFundMe has video of the burglars before they took down the Internet, photos of the police report is available, etc. We haven't been able to gain any traction on getting donations to help us get back on our feet.

Terrible situation - and just before the Holidays to boot...

A good example of why one should have some form of insurance - even renters - 30 years ago, I had my apartment broken in to and they got the TV, VCR, and some other items, and my renter's insurance covered the replacements.

Terrible situation - and just before the Holidays to boot...

A good example of why one should have some form of insurance - even renters - 30 years ago, I had my apartment broken in to and they got the TV, VCR, and some other items, and my renter's insurance covered the replacements.

We cancelled it for a short time so we could bring my wife's homeless mom down from Alaska before winter hit. We have a fixed income so we were pretty much forced to cancel insurance and a few other things to pull it off. It came back to bite us.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!