What's new

Good Backup Router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pocah

Occasional Visitor
My router is an AX11000 Pro.
I like to have a backup router set up and ready to go. Alas, my current "backup" just died, so I need a replacement.
Because it's just a backup device, it doesn't have to be really powerful, but it is helpful if it supports Merlin.
Can anyone suggest an Asus model that I can pick up from ebay that's good value and is likely to be supported for some years to come? As cheap as possible, really.

The GT-AX6000 and newer is what will be supported the longest, as of today (I polished my crystal ball to check for you).

For a temporary backup, anything that has Wifi and Ethernet ports will do the job. That's usually best handled with older used devices, no point in spending too much for this. I would suggest any sub-$100 router would do the job.

AC66U_b1 good for a spare router. It just works. As low as $45.00 (renewed) on Amazon.