1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

good, cheap mediabridge?

Discussion in 'Wireless Buying Advice' started by GawainXX2, Mar 13, 2018.

1. GawainXX2

GawainXX2 New Around Here

I'm looking for a good, cheap wireless media bridge device to use for bridging my garage to my main house. I currently have one of the VoNets bridges but it has a VERY odd behavior of duplicating it's MAC address onto any connected device.

2. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

I don't know anything about VoNets but that's quite common behaviour for a wireless repeater. Unlike a wireless Ethernet bridge where there is a single wireless connection between two access points.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  3. TheManFromUncle

TheManFromUncle Regular Contributor

Asus RT-N66U.

4. SwampKracker

SwampKracker Regular Contributor

Note my signature

5. yk101

yk101 Senior Member

I use rt-ac66u. Not a single issue in 3 years. Those are relatively cheap now.

6. GawainXX2

GawainXX2 New Around Here

I have one of those sitting in a drawer but they are a bit bulky for my application, I also happen to have a spare trendnet TEW-814 DRU but in this case looking for more of a SOC sized device.