What's new

good, cheap mediabridge?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GawainXX2

Occasional Visitor
I'm looking for a good, cheap wireless media bridge device to use for bridging my garage to my main house. I currently have one of the VoNets bridges but it has a VERY odd behavior of duplicating it's MAC address onto any connected device.

I currently have one of the VoNets bridges but it has a VERY odd behavior of duplicating it's MAC address onto any connected device.
I don't know anything about VoNets but that's quite common behaviour for a wireless repeater. Unlike a wireless Ethernet bridge where there is a single wireless connection between two access points.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a good, cheap wireless media bridge device to use for bridging my garage to my main house. I currently have one of the VoNets bridges but it has a VERY odd behavior of duplicating it's MAC address onto any connected device.
Note my signature

I use rt-ac66u. Not a single issue in 3 years. Those are relatively cheap now.

I use rt-ac66u. Not a single issue in 3 years. Those are relatively cheap now.

I have one of those sitting in a drawer but they are a bit bulky for my application, I also happen to have a spare trendnet TEW-814 DRU but in this case looking for more of a SOC sized device.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online