What's new

Good WAP that supports VLAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HeyRadar

New Around Here
I'm looking for a all around good WAP that supports VLAN tagging. It doesn't have to be "top of the line". Any suggestions?

I've been looking at Netgear, D-Link, Cisco, EnGenius, but I don't have enough experience with their WAPs to know what's good or bad.

Are there any hidden things that is good to know about them?

They must to support the following:
-PoE
-Multiple SSIDs with associated VLAN
-Be reliable
-Reasonably priced
-WPA2

Would prefer, but not required to, perform the following, just to somewhat future proof it.
-Support 10/100/1000
-Support N (300MB)

Don't really care about the following:
-2.4GHz vs 5GHz

Thanks

You know... That is the one I keep going back to based upon reviews. But without any experience with anything like this, I was unsure. Thanks for the advice.

I should have bought it when Newegg had it for $99 last week. :(

Its still only about $130 - at least on Amazon. I'm sure Newegg is similar pricing. If the thing is worth it to you at 99 bucks, 130 is not dramatically different, particularly if you need features like POE.

Just get it if you think its correct for you. The price is neither here no there. 40 bucks wont bankrupt you.