What's new

Good Wifi Range extender

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Best: Do you have any CAT5e going upstairs ? just use an AP with or without POE, or a wireless router in AP mode.
Better: Do you have RG6 cable between and near the two locations ? use MOCA2 devices
Maybe ok: Powerline is another option, but problematic,
Maybe ok: use AC wireless with 2.4 GHz backhaul and 5 GHz connections upstairs and down. Depends on what the devices connecting can do. If only 2.4 GHz devices, you will see significant bandwidth reduction. unless you have multiple radios on different channels.

Completely dependent on your power wiring quality and incoming noise from outside/inside (motors, switching, etc. ). Arc fault breakers may make it not possible last i heard although that was a while ago.
Highly variable implementation results. Just scan the forum here.
i have one pair of Netgear 500s that give me 60 Mb/sec bandwidth. A second location gave less than 10Mb/sec.

Completely dependent on your power wiring quality and incoming noise from outside/inside (motors, switching, etc. ). Arc fault breakers may make it not possible last i heard although that was a while ago.
Highly variable implementation results. Just scan the forum here.
i have one pair of Netgear 500s that give me 60 Mb/sec bandwidth. A second location gave less than 10Mb/sec.

Hm so then how can I turn a 2nd router in ap mode or bridge?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!