What's new

Google Home Mini devices disconnecting or being disconnected

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

andyvxi

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I'm having a problem keeping my Google Home Mini devices connected to WiFi, and I don't quite understand the cause.

Router: AX68U
Merlin: 386.4 (and the version prior)
Wifi Band: 5Ghz

I have 3 such devices and they frequently and randomly, individually or together, show the same behaviour. I'll trigger one of them, and it will respond that it is not connected.

I've tried a complete reset using the best practice guide here, but it doesn't appear to have resolved the issue.
Previously tried manually assigning an IP also.

I have attached the relevant entries for one of them, from the most recent log. Being a relative novice, I only have a very basic understanding of each of the entries.
It looks like to me like possible trouble with either WPA handshakes during rekey or DHCP.

My other devices on 5Ghz don't appear to experience the problem, although I do notice some quick drops and reconnects sometimes, which I assume is the rekey. Is this normal?

Can anyone shed some light on what they think the problem might be please, or let me know if I've missed any information which might help?

Attachments

• Google Home Mini disconnections.txt
    57.1 KB · Views: 98
I should add, I've tried a range of Wifi configs, various channels, 20, 40, 80 Mhz... All beamforming and Airtime Fairness off.

Did you get this issue fixed?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online