What's new

Google may disable your gmail account if you send any email to a .ru domain

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Deepcuts

Regular Contributor
Not sure where to put this. This sections seems to fit the bill.

Have a separate gmail account for my car's Android head unit.
Because the factory home app is a bit lacking, I have installed and purchased another one from the store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=altergames.carlauncher&hl=en_US
Having a small problem with the app, I decided to send an email to the developers at support@altergames.ru
As soon as I sent the email, I received an email from Google on my main gmail account stating:
1683996158684.png

I have managed to recover the account without any issue, just by logging in and confirming the SMS code.
I am 100% sure that email was the reason my car's email account was disabled, even though google does not state the actual reason.

So, I guess this is a PSA: Do NOT send emails to .ru domains from your gmail account or it might get disabled.

The irony of corporations working hand-in-hand with government to "fight fascism."

No idea on the reason for the deactivation but the contradiction between that and allowing the same group to host multiple apps taking payments through Google payment processing (that they profit from) is certainly an interesting one...