What's new

Got a RT-AC68U, Vigor 120 and sky username/password. Need help with firmware. Thanks!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

evilgeenius

New Around Here
Hello!

I've just bought an Asus RT-AC68U wireless router to use with my Sky broadband connection.

I have read that I can't just use my existing Sky router as a bridge to my new wireless router. (Sky are awkward?) People have suggested to buy a Vigor 120 modem so I bought a second hand one. This will act as my router. It seems like I can use my Asus to connect through the Vigor 120 using the PPOA over PPOE mode(?).

I have got my Sky router's username and password and MAC address using an online tool.

What do I need to do next? I'm not exactly sure. Do I need to install a special firmware onto my Asus RT-AC68U before it will work properly? Or will it never work? If so, where can I get the firmware and what do I need to do to modify it to work with my sky broadband? I have seen the options in my current router to add a MAC address and username/password. Also, can I perform a factory reset on the router to put it back to it's original settings?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

I've no idea what the specifics with Sky might be, but I'm using a Vigor120 bridged to a N66U running Merlin. Works great.

I had trouble using the PPPoE pass-through option though, and ended up using MPoA and proper bridge mode.

Check the Sky support forums, I know there used to be a thread there from Asuswrt-Merlin users using their FiOS service. I don't know if the current implantation still works.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!