1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Great LAN speed vs ASUS official firmware

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Patrick Monnier, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Patrick Monnier

Patrick Monnier New Around Here

Hi,
    I've just bought an ASUS RT-AC68U ( 3.0.0.4.384.2104) , but I was disappointed by the transfer speed on the LAN, o ly 12-15MB/s !!! :(
    I've just flashed it with Merlin 384.5 ( nothing else ) and now I get 65-70MB/s !!!
    Great Merlin
    Thanks
    :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. agilani

agilani Senior Member

Not that the merlin firmware is not great, but I'm getting 240mb/s on stock....

4. Patrick Monnier

240mb/s = 30MB/s ;) (Mb = Megabit MB = Mega Byte )
    So that mean I get 520-560 Mb/s

5. Grisu

Grisu Very Senior Member

6. Patrick Monnier

7. agilani

agilani Senior Member

Ah, I should have read your post more closely. I'll have to test it using a file server. I was only testing my internet which is maxed out at 240mb/s. 30MB/s is still faster than what you were seeing on stock. Don't get me wrong, as soon as I'm done troubleshooting, I'll be loading merlin back up on my routers.

I do know that wired, i'm maxed out at 987 mb/s. Too bad there are no real options for higher throughput. I've been eyeing the symantec router that supposedly has a 2.5gb/s port. But kinda pointless without a switch and better internet.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!