1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Gt-Ac 5300 qos help

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by John DeLuca, Apr 16, 2018.

1. John DeLuca

John DeLuca Regular Contributor

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me decipher what this log means.
    Apr 16 02:59:46 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!
    Apr 16 02:59:49 kernel: ERR[__parse_app_rule:575] Failed to parse app rule catid value
    Apr 16 02:59:49 kernel: ERR[parse_qos_conf:1038] Invalid config syntax at line 22.
    Apr 16 02:59:49 kernel: ERR[ioctl_iqos_op_config:3592] parse qos_conf error!!
    Apr 16 02:59:49 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_config() fail!
    Apr 16 02:59:49 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3350] qos_conf is not already!
    Apr 16 02:59:49 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!

This is on in a constant loop, does that mean qos is failing? I just reset the router to factory settings and manually put my settings back in to the router. On another note, what qos settings are best, and for adaptive qos is the manual or automatic bandwidth setting best?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. Vexira

Vexira Very Senior Member

Manual and it's not failing, just some harmless errors I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!