What's new

GT-AC2900 support dropped?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nickw

New Around Here
Hi

The last firmware update for the gt-ac2900 dates 28/04/2021.

Have Asus given up?

Nick

Not sure why you think anyone here would know , perhaps the firmware doesn't need updating .

Have you asked ASUS support?

Yes, I have contacted support several times. Both by ticket and by phone. Each time, the answer from first-line support is: we can't help you with that.

The point is, I have 1 rt-ac88u, 2 rt-ac86u's and 2 rt-ac68u's that are set as Aimesh nodes. These devices still receive regular firmware updates but my main router - being gt-ac2900 - does not. Pretty weird that the gt-ac2900 is lagging behind.

My gt-ac2900 receives a public ipv4 address from Telenet (docsis 3.1 e-router, mac bridging). Since the last firmware update of my gt-ac2900, there have been problems refreshing the online/offline clients when aiprotection is on; the client list freezes. When I set up one of my rt-ac86u's as the main router I experience no problems.

Is the firmware of the gt-ac2900 being outsourced, perhaps?

Last edited:
Yes, I have contacted support several times. Both by ticket and by phone. Each time, the answer from first-line support is: we can't help you with that.

The point is, I have 1 rt-ac88u, 2 rt-ac86u's and 2 rt-ac68u's that are set as Aimesh nodes. These devices still receive regular firmware updates but my main router - being gt-ac2900 - does not. Pretty weird that the gt-ac2900 is lagging behind.

My gt-ac2900 receives a public ipv4 address from Telenet (docsis 3.1 e-router, mac bridging). Since the last firmware update of my gt-ac2900, there have been problems refreshing the online/offline clients when aiprotection is on; the client list freezes. When I set up one of my rt-ac86u's as the main router I experience no problems.

Is the firmware of the gt-ac2900 being outsourced, perhaps?

If the AC86U (AC2900) as router is doing the job, I'd push its gaming twin to node duty... the AC86U will likely enjoy more regular support.

OE