What's new

GT-AC5300 Ethernet Port Issues?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

II111I1I1II1II1I

New Around Here
I was wondering if anyone else is or has experienced issues with the ASUS GT-5300 Ethernet ports either not working or intermittently dropping connections?

2 years ago, my first GT-AC5300 had a few dead ports and ASUS RMA’d it. The ports on the new router worked fine but just recently (shortly after the latest firmware and a complete router reset), one of the ports went dead on me again. I called ASUS and they told me that it was out of warranty and wanted to charge to look at it.

I went so far as to even purchase another router to set up AIMesh but I encountered nothing but issues with this.

Now I’m angry with ASUS as I’ve owned a lot of their products over the years and spent a lot of money on their company and they don’t seem to want to recognize an ongoing issue, and possibly interested in something more reliable.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!