What's new

GT-AC5300 Killing Internet Randomly during a Upload

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hyelton

This is a weird one. Don't have this issue with any router or directly plugged into the modem. Running latest firmware (not beta)

At random times when starting an upload internet dies... But upload still goes on. I understand what bufferbloat but that is NOT the issue. I can max my 11/12mbps upload and ping is only 30-35ms while uploading. And usually 15-20ms when not uploading.

But say start an upload through Facebook, YouTube or FTP and it'll just kill the connection, cancel the upload, everythings back to normal, but restart the upload and its all fine and good without killing the connection..

I do not have QoS enabled and theres no reason to have it enabled as bufferbloat only occurs on the downstream on my cable connection. Directly connected to the modem it does not do this.

Weird part is its random. Some days it does it some days it doesnt. And just stopping and restarting the upload its fine.

Also when this happens the Router's GUI is SLOW to load so its deffiantly the router.

Anyone run into this?

Conceptually, the speed of your download is impacted by the saturation of your upload bandwidth because downloaded packets need to be acknowledged before more packets are sent. So by not limiting uploads with QoS you may be starving other download (incoming) traffic.

Conceptually, the speed of your download is impacted by the saturation of your upload bandwidth because downloaded packets need to be acknowledged before more packets are sent. So by not limiting uploads with QoS you may be starving other download (incoming) traffic.

I get this, but this did not start until I got this router. Bypassing the router and or using another router this does not happen

I can max my upload and still get around 90-95mbps of my 100mbps plan

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!