What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

situps

New Around Here
Hello merlin crew:

I just got the GT-AC2900, works great, but I can't seem to get my fios rated speeds 940mbps, it tops out at 840mbps.

On another forum I've been advised to try the options to disable CTF/Flow Cache and FA/Runner, searching around the images on this forum, these options are supposed to be under the Lan-> Switch control tab, but I do not have any buttons there related to these settings.

I'm on 386.7, were these options available on the default firmware anywhere or this merlin?

You do not want to disable Runner and Flow Cache. There is no option in the GUI to enable or disable them. It is done automatically depending on how you have configured your router.

Go to Tools > System Information > HW acceleration > Network to check their status.

but I can't seem to get my fios rated speeds 940mbps, it tops out at 840mbps.

You have to keep TrendMicro components disabled in order to reach full Gigabit throughput.

You do not want to disable Runner and Flow Cache. There is no option in the GUI to enable or disable them. It is done automatically depending on how you have configured your router.

Go to Tools > System Information > HW acceleration > Network to check their status.
right now, the status is both enabled, i was advised to turn them off and see if that makes any difference, but there were no buttons.

i was advised to turn them off

That was a wrong advice. If you turn NAT acceleration off, your router will be limited to about 350Mbps WAN-LAN throughput.

Enable Traditional QoS and see for yourself. It's incompatible with NAT acceleration and both Flow Cache and Runner will be automatically disabled.

That was a wrong advice. If you turn NAT acceleration off, your router will be limited to about 350Mbps WAN-LAN throughput.

Enable Traditional QoS and see for yourself. It's incompatible with NAT acceleration and both Flow Cache and Runner will be automatically disabled.
I believe you tech9, could there be something else preventing full speed ? the service is rated 940 down 840 up, I'm getting 840 down 890 up.

the lan side works fine, 95% gigabit file transfer

How do you test the connection speed? Use a wired PC, not the built-in GUI speedtest.

I believe you tech9, could there be something else preventing full speed ? the service is rated 940 down 840 up, I'm getting 840 down 890 up.
There can sometimes be a problem trying to fully disable the TrendMicro stuff. To make sure it's disabled go to Administration > Privacy. If there's an option to "Withdraw" do so.

There can sometimes be a problem trying to fully disable the TrendMicro stuff. To make sure it's disabled go to Administration > Privacy. If there's an option to "Withdraw" do so.
Yes, there is nothing in that tab. I never gave permission and never enabled any of those options.

Do you think they're running behind the scenes anyway without indicators ?

How do you test the connection speed? Use a wired PC, not the built-in GUI speedtest.
Yes, I'm testing wired to pc, then speedtest.net. all cables to and from the router are 23awg solid core, shielded with spine, i poor man tested it with the intel nic's cable test function it shows up as 0 meters long, so I'm confident it can handle mere gigabit.

Yes, I'm testing wired to pc, then speedtest.net. all cables to and from the router are 23awg solid core, shielded with spine, i poor man tested it with the intel nic's cable test function it shows up as 0 meters long, so I'm confident it can handle mere gigabit.
What speed do you get connected direct to your ISP modem or ONT?

Yes, there is nothing in that tab. I never gave permission and never enabled any of those options.

Do you think they're running behind the scenes anyway without indicators ?
No, not if there isn't a "Withdraw" option.

Last edited:
What is included in "them"? Last time I checked the same hardware AC86U router couldn't go above 800Mbps with AiProtection + AdaptiveQoS enabled. Asus may have optimized something in newer firmware releases.
The Trend Micro components - per your reply I quoted in mine above.

Last time I checked the same hardware AC86U router couldn't go above 800Mbps with AiProtection + AdaptiveQoS enabled. Asus may have optimized something in newer firmware releases.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!