1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

GT-AX11000 bonding stability?

Discussion in 'ASUS AX Routers & Adapters' started by Curiousdreamerz, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Curiousdreamerz

Curiousdreamerz New Around Here

Has anyone used port bonding on the GT-AX1100? If so, has this setup been stable? I've setup port bonding to my Synology DS718+ but wondering if it will affect the stability of my GT-AX1100. I've noticed my GT-AX11000 been a bit flaky lately, loosing internet connectivity once in a while.

2. Gouldin

Gouldin Regular Contributor

I have a qnap ts-473 setup with bonding, has been fine for a few months now, was also fine with my older rt-ac88u.

3. Hollidayone

Hollidayone New Around Here

Gouldin , thanks for your posts, I also have the GT-AX1100 and the ac88u, my setup works great while not using the ax protocol, with it checked I have some devices that lose connections. I’m interested in your overall impression with the ax11000.

4. Curiousdreamerz

Curiousdreamerz New Around Here

I use to think the GT-AX1100 was a great router. However, lately with the latest 7979 its been very unstable. I reverted back to the previous firmware and now I notice that the internal router interface drops out once a day. From a hard wired workstation I can't ping my default gateway and after a reboot it starts working again. Anyone else have this issue?