What's new

GT-AX11000 Deauth_ind XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

erick_e

Regular Contributor
I have five webcams set up on my GT-AX11000, a mix of D-Link and Amcrest cameras set to constant record to my QNAP TS-1277. Two cameras on my 2.4GHz band and three on one of my 5GHz bands.

Problem is that QVR Pro playback shows intermittent frames, not continuous recordings. It's dropping frames, mostly on the Amcrest cameras, but occasionally on the D-Links as well. Tried to troubleshoot but my log is full of this message "Deauth_ind XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)"

Had occasional problems before upgrading to firmware 3.0.0.4.384_9566 but now it's very pronounced.

Any idea what causes this, and how I can remedy it?

Tim,

Thanks for the reply. The cameras stream about 6-7Mbps each. I can adjust the bit rate, but going lower didn't help. All of the cameras connect using Wi-Fi 5 (AC) at 80Mhz on channel 42, and all clients on that radio are ac or ax clients. Camera signal strength are -54, -56, -63. The nearest network using the same channel has a RSSI of -85 dBm.

I've tried changing my primary channel but that didn't seem to help either.

Here's a snapshot of my network.

Network.jpg

Those are decent signal levels for either band. Something else must be going on. Packet captures will provide more info.

One other thought is you could try changing to a different channel. That would move the management transmissions, which account for a good deal of traffic. You also could try reducing the channel bandwidth to 40 or 20 MHz. With only 6-7 Mbps bandwidth requiremed, you don't need 80 MHz.

Tim,

Thanks for the reply. The cameras stream about 6-7Mbps each. I can adjust the bit rate, but going lower didn't help. All of the cameras connect using Wi-Fi 5 (AC) at 80Mhz on channel 42, and all clients on that radio are ac or ax clients. Camera signal strength are -54, -56, -63. The nearest network using the same channel has a RSSI of -85 dBm.

I've tried changing my primary channel but that didn't seem to help either.

Here's a snapshot of my network.

View attachment 25812

Did you ever find any resolution? I am about a week in on a new RT-AX58U router. I have a few Nest cams. They drop off randomly with the same error:
Dec 9 08:30:39 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(464): eth5: Deauth_ind 64:16:66:46:41:6E, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)

Seems to be random, typically doesn't last that long. This particular camera shows as -77 dBm and "good"

Did you ever find any resolution? I am about a week in on a new RT-AX58U router. I have a few Nest cams. They drop off randomly with the same error:
Dec 9 08:30:39 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(464): eth5: Deauth_ind 64:16:66:46:41:6E, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)

Seems to be random, typically doesn't last that long. This particular camera shows as -77 dBm and "good"

I moved one of my cameras from my 5Ghz network, to the 2.4Ghz network and the majority of my issues resolved. I just don't know why.

My Nest cams are connected at 2.4GHz already. 5GHz doesn't penetrate walls very well compared to 2.4, so perhaps that was the issue for you.

I had several of those " Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station" messages on my log with 384 firmware. I contacted Asus support who advised me to test 386 firmware for my ax86u. I can confirm that the new sdk of 386 takes care of those class 3 frame messages. Try the latest 386 beta available on the forum for your router and see if it helps?

OK, I'm on the second version of Merlin Beta 1 for the RT-AX58U, the first version had a serious bug that would crash the web/app and reboot the router. Over the past 24-hours, I'm still seeing drops of clients, in particular my Nest cams, but also some other IoT devices like plugs and bulbs.
This is the typical syslog entry:
Dec 13 02:48:13 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(469): eth5: Deauth_ind 64:16:66:46:41:6E, status: 0, reason: Unspecified reason (1)
Dec 13 02:48:13 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(505): eth5: Auth 64:16:66:46:41:6E, status: Successful (0)
Dec 13 02:48:13 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(534): eth5: Assoc 64:16:66:46:41:6E, status: Successful (0)

To try and improve my 2.4GHz reliability, I set my radio to 20MHz and channel 11. My next test will likely be to disable WiFi 6 mode.

It's too bad this router isn't more reliable. It replaced a 5-year old Zyxel that very rarely dropped 2.4GHz clients, but had a bad DHCP flaw that prevented clients from re-connecting after a reboot/power failure.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!