What's new

GT-AX11000 Merlin Support ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fpieter

New Around Here
Hi

I recently bought the GT-AX11000 in order to get full wifi support with my ac68u at home, and because I have many streaming devices I wanted enough memory and cpu power...

The first mistake I made was to not check that aimesh would be supported by merlin, but I have the hope it will some months later.

But the second more stupid mistake of me was not to check the merlin availability for this new model... and as I need to customize settings in order to support kpn iptv I really need merlin support....

I obviously would like to use the ac68u as accespoint of AX11000 and not the other way ...
So:
- Who can tell me if this model will be supported soon by mr Merlin ?
- as i read that ax88u has almost the same hardware would it be possible to patch the ax88u software, so it will be accepted as upgrade ?

Pieter

Hi

I recently bought the GT-AX11000 in order to get full wifi support with my ac68u at home, and because I have many streaming devices I wanted enough memory and cpu power...

The first mistake I made was to not check that aimesh would be supported by merlin, but I have the hope it will some months later.

But the second more stupid mistake of me was not to check the merlin availability for this new model... and as I need to customize settings in order to support kpn iptv I really need merlin support....

I obviously would like to use the ac68u as accespoint of AX11000 and not the other way ...
So:
- Who can tell me if this model will be supported soon by mr Merlin ?
- as i read that ax88u has almost the same hardware would it be possible to patch the ax88u software, so it will be accepted as upgrade ?

Pieter

[FAQ] READ ME FIRST before posting a question

There currently are no plans to support the GT-AX11000, for the same reasons as the GT-AC5300.

Hmm. Who do I believe more

The author of the firmware that says there is no support, or a third party publication who has their facts wrong?

You got hit with #fakenews

Lol iam just saying,

and merlin should support It Even of its a nish

cheers

Yes. Merlin should do what you want, even though he’s explained why it isn’t feasible for him to do so.

Merlin MERLIN, thou shalt do my bidding.

(Eyeroll)

NOP.

just showed a information that is wrong, and i have alot of asus routers GT11000 included and yes it would be nice if merlin supported it.

and by the way this is a pointless conversation, like i said just wanted to give the heads up about the wrong info on this review.

cheers

This is the usual ASUS + Merlin marketing game...

My trusted sources in Nigeria are telling me that Merlin is going to release very soon Asuswrt-Merlin firmware for GT-AX11000 and this will increase the demand of a $500 router 100 fold, creating a permanent shortage in availability and bumping the price to $1500 and above. I already have 10 of those routers under my bed, going to buy 10 more tomorrow. Routers are arriving directly from the manufacturer in Nigeria, brand new, in original yellow-green packaging. This smart move will allow me to extend my planned 2020 Central America trip to South America! Nice, eh?

Thank you, @RMerlin! Thank you, @ASUS!

Last edited:
You want one?
Preorders are $1199 a piece, SNB members exclusive. Some conditions may apply.

Can you add me to the Early Bird waiting list please.

I'm super excited to try this with an Intel Optane 280GB with PCI-E to USB 3.0 storage adapter for external storage of all my scripts plus a 50GB Swap file.

What do your exclusive reconditioned ones go for?

No reconditioned ones, all are brand new, the new improved lightweight model (the box literally feels empty). Manufactured in Nigeria, at the new ASUS plant there everyone is talking about. The production is such a rush right now, that ASUS packaging designers accidentally spelled the company's name wrong on the box (it says ASSUS). Doesn't affect the performance though - same quadrant-core SPU, same 1MB RAM, same WiFi 8 high speed (reading the specs from the box as we speak). Send me a message and you'll get an exclusive early-bird deal.

Can you add me to the Early Bird waiting list please.

Yes, with free delivery for you. I know you are somewhere around.
Guys, @thiggins will soon find the deal here and I'm in trouble. I really don't want to be banned from SNB when trying to help fellow SNB members. Please, write a bit more quietly. Put a towel or something soft under the keyboard, OK?

@Val D. that sounds like a great deal. Please forward me your account number, preferably with a small payment of $100 USD (via an email transfer) to validate the authenticity of this deal and I'll place my order for 1000 Units. We'll keep the special price between ourselves for this quantity and we'll be doing business again soon!

Hope this post makes it to you 'loud' enough. I am in a soundproof room with two soft towels under the keyboard to make it past @thiggins. :):):)

This is the usual ASUS + Merlin marketing game...

My trusted sourced in Nigeria are telling me that Merlin is going to release very soon Asuswrt-Merlin firmware for GT-AX11000 and this will increase the demand of a $500 router 100 fold, creating a permanent shortage in availability and bumping the price to $1500 and above. I already have 10 of those routers under my bed, going to buy 10 more tomorrow. Routers are arriving directly from the manufacturer in Nigeria, brand new, in original yellow-green packaging. This smart move will allow me to extend my planned 2020 Central America trip to South America! Nice, eh?

Thank you, @RMerlin! Thank you, @ASUS!
Dear Mr/Mrs Valdeez
Sign me up as the sole distributor in Central (non EU) Europe. To show your appreciation, send $$$ to my XX bank account, this will be a done deal.

Thank you and with best regards
Mr. T. L. C.

Please forward me your account number, preferably with a small payment of $100 USD to validate the authenticity...

Now... that's too quiet now, I barely understand what are you typing... what?
I don't have 100 units and the already heavily discounted price is $1199, not $1000.

Sign me up as the sole distributor in Central (non EU) Europe.

My distributor in Switzerland is Mr. Gambo Mokeke, very respected Swiss born person.
Please understand, I can't give exclusive rights to someone named Thelonelycoder. Doesn't sound Swiss enough.

Do you take customized orders? Could my router have some extra Aura LED lights on each of the 8 antennas able to flash different colors every time I make any changes to my setup and to notify me whenever there is a new firmware update?[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!