What's new

GT-AX11000 New firmware today 3.0.0.4.384_7997

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thumbnail_Screenshot_20200319-095323_ASUS Router.jpg

2020/03/19

75.48 MBytes

ASUS GT-AX11000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.7997

- Fixed CVE-2019-15126 (Kr00k) vulnerability.
- Fixed OpenVPN connection and UI bugs.

Last edited:
WiFi have same problem with download speed but stable.
WiFi 2.4G + 5G stuck below 200Mbps, you can change on the 5G channel to fixed channel (40), then it will work on max bandwidth above 800Mbps.

UPDATE!!!:
NOT STABLE

Last edited:
I've serious issues with the two latest firmware. The wifi performance is crap. The 3.0.0.4.384.6436 version perform according to expectation. Anyone out there that get the two latest firmwares to work? I've tried everything like rest the router but still pure performance on the latest updates.

I've serious issues with the two latest firmware. The wifi performance is crap. The 3.0.0.4.384.6436 version perform according to expectation. Anyone out there that get the two latest firmwares to work? I've tried everything like rest the router but still pure performance on the latest updates.

Yeah, ive been having issues that have been driving me mad, to the point i really messed up one of my nodes (another ax11000) but that a whole different story. Anyway not sure if it related but my issues have been around Let's Encrypt making the ui unusuable but i also found wireless and wifi transfers slow when Let's Encrypt is having issues. Try disabling it and see?

I have 500/500mbit and with the two latest firmwares I reach only 100-200mbit down and 50-100mbit up. Where in the UI can i disable Let's encrypt? If it's part of the DDNS setting it's already disabled

Last edited:

I only have the 7997 build running for about 18 hours with no issues and have had no issues with the prior build 7977.
There are many threads about not using auto channel selection. You might research that.

Again horrible update! I tried everything, first dirty flash, later complete factory reset. As long as I do not activate VPN fusion everything is ok (no router reset needed). But as soon as I activate VPN fusion, it seems to work OK until I reboot the router. The router says it's connected to internet, all devices can connect via LAN and wifi but no device can get internet connection.

Also it's not possible anymore two use two different VPN providers (NordVPN and PureVPN). The second one gives now a IP routing conflict. I still can define 2 VPN connections as long as it's from the same VPN provider. But that's a secundary problem ofcourse since I can't use VPN fusion anymore (when I'm on holiday and there's a temporary power outage at home I will not be able anymore to reach my router or any of the devices (alarm, camera's, door opener, etc)

After deactivating VPN fusion and rebooting, everything is fine.

So, no other option than rollback to firmware 3.0.0.4.384.6436 and wait for a better (finally tested?) update.

I've read a lot of threads about the latest firmwares and I've tried everything and send feedback to Asus without any answers. I think this issue annoying. Hard to understand that Asus can't find a solution our guidens how to solve this. Im more than happy to get feedback if anyone have find the solution? I run OpenVPN and everything else is pretty based on standard settings

I've read a lot of threads about the latest firmwares and I've tried everything and send feedback to Asus without any answers. I think this issue annoying. Hard to understand that Asus can't find a solution our guidens how to solve this. Im more than happy to get feedback if anyone have find the solution? I run OpenVPN and everything else is pretty based on standard settings

But have you locked in the channels as others have done for both bands? That has seemed to help some with speed issues like your OP indicated.
OOPS I missed your part "everything else is pretty based on standard settings". So I assume you have either tried that and it not work and then you reset it back to auto.

Last edited:
Yes, i've tried to use fixed channels. It get better but still not as good as 6436 firmware with the same channels locked. I use two 5G networks I locked the first one at 40 and the second one at 100

Last edited:
Quick update. I've got some improvements when I play around with different channels and lock instead of using auto. Im not sure if it's a disadvantage to use locked channels instead of using auto? I also needed to disable 160Mhz to get it work proper

Quick update. I've got some improvements when I play around with different channels and lock instead of using auto. Im not sure if it's a disadvantage to use locked channels instead of using auto? I also needed to disable 160Mhz to get it work proper
Can you be more specific?

I've locked the channel setting under wifi for each of the two 5G network. And I wonder if there are any disadvantages to use locked channels vs using auto as default?

Wow this release is BAD! AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.

Was bored yesterday so thought why not, what's the worst that could happen?

ANSWER: It's great if you want your WiFi to drop every few minutes.

I have it in an AiMesh with an RT-AX92U so updated that as well.

The new RT-AX92U release of firmware is as BAD if not WORSE.

Rolled back the GT first hoping the RT would be OK.

This morning had to switch off the RT because it was still bringing the WiFi down every few minutes.

Needed it to work constantly during the day so RT now off until this evening, already rolled back but needs to be brought back into the AiMesh.

Hoping for stability again but partially expecting a few more hard resets on the way.

Finger crossed they fix whatever they badly broke soon.

On the plus side, the signal on the RT look like it's stronger when it works so lets hope it's something simple because I was happy with that bit. Just needs to stop dropping off a cliff every couple of minutes.

BTW this is not my first rodeo, so fiddling around with channels etc was not going to make any difference. It would be like trying to put an Elastoplast on the Titanic.

I've locked the channel setting under wifi for each of the two 5G network. And I wonder if there are any disadvantages to use locked channels vs using auto as default?
If you've chosen well with little local interference and can get the width you want 20/40/80/160 then it's fine. Auto is not that great on most domestic WiFi routers, it usually chooses obvious channels badly and often only moves channels on a reboot or reset.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!