What's new

GT-AX11000 + RT-AX92U AiMesh node problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Agent007PR

New Around Here
Hi All,

I setup a GT-AX11000 with a RT-AX92U with the AX92U being the node. Every day the node drops off the 5-2 channel and connects to the 2.4 channel. The only way I get it to reconnect is to power cycle the AX92U. The units are 20ft a part with a single wall in between (yes, overkill, I know).

Anyone else having problems with this kind of setup?

Hi All,

I setup a GT-AX11000 with a RT-AX92U with the AX92U being the node. Every day the node drops off the 5-2 channel and connects to the 2.4 channel. The only way I get it to reconnect is to power cycle the AX92U. The units are 20ft a part with a single wall in between (yes, overkill, I know).

Anyone else having problems with this kind of setup?
Are all your channels on auto?

The units are 20ft a part with a single wall in between (yes, overkill, I know).

Radio gets no respect! :rolleyes:

Both of those routers are for very large homes.

OE

Radio gets no respect! :rolleyes:

Both of those routers are for very large homes.

OE
I get that they are rated for large sq/ft yet that hasn't avoided me losing signal while being in a bedroom across the apt.

I'm just looking for guidance on what settings are folks using, recommendations, etc. Sadly the placement of the routers dnt have wiggle room for much adjustment and i'm stuck trying to figure out how I can make the node not only keep most of the clients but also stay attached to the 5G-2 channel.

Have you tried lowering the power output? :)

I get that they are rated for large sq/ft yet that hasn't avoided me losing signal while being in a bedroom across the apt.

I'm just looking for guidance on what settings are folks using, recommendations, etc. Sadly the placement of the routers dnt have wiggle room for much adjustment and i'm stuck trying to figure out how I can make the node not only keep most of the clients but also stay attached to the 5G-2 channel.

My notes only suggest minimal settings for dual-band AC routers. I have not seen a tri-band AX router yet.

Given your routers in an apartment setting, you may have too much WiFi. Have you used a WiFi Analyzer to see what signals are around you and to see how much your signals overlap?

OE

My notes only suggest minimal settings for dual-band AC routers. I have not seen a tri-band AX router yet.

Given your routers in an apartment setting, you may have too much WiFi. Have you used a WiFi Analyzer to see what signals are around you and to see how much your signals overlap?

OE
This is what I see in NetSpot and the built in WiFi Insight.

In regards to lowering the power... wth did they move it to?! For the life of me I swear I cannot find it. Also, the 5G on 20BW is the darn node which I haven't found a way to manage it's wireless config as it's UI get's disabled after you attaching it to the AiMesh.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 8.48.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 8.48.12 PM.png
    198.1 KB · Views: 278

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!