What's new

GT-AX11000 Upgrade - Can't find old router/switch

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AndrewJacob

Regular Contributor
So I just "upgraded" to a GT-AX11000, to replace a dual router setup.
Main router connects to the modem, then distributes internet on the second floor via wi-fi and lan for one wired computer, and another lan cat6 cable goes to the second router on another floor (its lan not wan port), which then distributes wi-fi on that floor but also wired internet to the apple TV and another device. I used to access that second router/switch (a Zyxel EMG-2926) by navigating to 192.168.0.3. However, since I replaced the main router by the ASUS AX11000, I can no longer find the router anywhere on the network. Even in the Asus firmware, the device is nowhere to be found. The network map does however find the apple TV and the wi-fi works from that router. Not sure how to go about finding this router without completely resetting everything, which I'm weary to do because everything is working right now. Can anyone please help?

What was the LAN IP address range that you used with your previous router? 192.168.0.x?

What is LAN IP address range now being used by the GT-AX11000?

Adding specifically to what ColinTaylor is asking for...
If you are not familiar with the Asus settings pages,
From the Asus router main settings page look on the left hand side you can select...

LAN > LAN IP (tab) > IP Address > 192.168.x.x

What IP address does it show listed for 192.168.x.x ?

The current IP address is also listed under the main page after you log on to the router showing the "Network Map" on the right middle of the page under "LAN IP".

Last edited:
Hi Colin and SoCal, thank you for the quick response.
Range: I forgot what range I used with the previous main router (Another Zyxel EMG2926)
New range: not sure but I have attached a screenshot of what I think it may be...
Current IP of the ASUS main router: 192.168.50.1
Previous IP of the Zyxel main router: 192.168.0.1
Previous IP of the Zyxel second router: 192.168.0.3

Hi Colin and SoCal, thank you for the quick response.
Range: I forgot what range I used with the previous main router (Another Zyxel EMG2926)
New range: not sure but I have attached a screenshot of what I think it may be...
Current IP of the ASUS main router: 192.168.50.1
Previous IP of the Zyxel main router: 192.168.0.1
Previous IP of the Zyxel second router: 192.168.0.3
Ok, If the router IP address of the main router you replaced was 192.168.0.1 then you will want to change the IP address on the new Asus router from 192.168.50.1 to 192.168.0.1 and use that same starting Pool IP address that the previous main router used if it was... 192.168.0.2

Below the server pool settings you can select the Mac Address of the "second Zytel router" and manually assign the IP address 192.168.0.3 so that you can always access it using that same address you are familiar with. Make sure you select APPLY (which will reboot) for the changes to take place. Restart that second router as well if you need to.

I don't mean to be redundant if you already know how to do this but this makes it more clear... and you can really thank Colin for the help on this. I just jumped in for a more super speedy follow up response.

Last edited:
Ohhh ok so the problem comes from the fact that the ASUS router chose 192.168.50.1 as start rather than 0.1... I didn't realize that. I also have a NAS that was on static router mode and wasn't accessible but I put it into DHCP mode after a soft reset and it got found again, but this time with a different IP. So I guess I'll have to redo that as well. I wonder if this explains also why my ping is high. I also wonder if this explains why it took so long for the devices connect by ethernet to appear (4 hours or so). But something I don't understand is how those devices are working and the wireless too.
Either way, I'll try this and cross my fingers that it works. Much appreciated Colin and SoCal. I'm learning as I go and your help is invaluable

Yes Andrew... you got it... and of course you can customize your router to any IP address you want. The new Asus routers have the default IP of ... 192.168.50.1 . The devices were retaining the addresses from the old Zytel router but finally worked because they updated in time with the new Asus router's IP address via DHCP. The advantage for you changing the new Asus router back to ... 192.168.0.1 is that you are familiar with those IP addresses with your old setup. Being comfortable with how your equipment is set up and how you access your local network devices is important.

We here all here to help out and ask for help from each other in this forum. We are all here learning something new all the time. Don't hesitate to post any other questions you have or to help others with answers you may already know as you learn more about your new Asus router. :)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!