What's new

GT-AX11000 WiFi 6E Capable

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SignedAdam

Regular Contributor
The GT-AX11000 WiFi chipset can support WiFi 6E according to broadcoms specifications :

(Photo attached)

So please could we see a firmware update to this device

Attachments

• IMG_20221107_185702.jpg
    IMG_20221107_185702.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 37
So please could we see a firmware update to this device
Not going to happen IMHO. Just because that chip is capable doesn't mean that any of the supporting components are present (filters, amplifiers, antennas, etc). And that's before considerations like putting the device through the certification process again.

Simply from a marketing perspective why would Asus release a firmware update that undercuts their own 6E product, the GT-AXE11000.

Other products have been released with certification, as you have mentioned the GT-AXE11000 has certificate. That will be it's selling point.

Not all devices need certification, there are products out in the wild that wasn't WiFi 6 certificated, because they were released before WiFi 6 was released!

The AX11000 was released around about the same time WiFi 6E came out, so I was one of the unlucky ones to pick this device up. it was top of the line for a short time, so most of this devices hardware is over engineered.

Not all devices need certification, there are products out in the wild that wasn't WiFi 6 certificated, because they were released before WiFi 6 was released!
Wifi Alliance certification and FCC certification are two totally different things. The first one is largely for marketing purposes, while the second one is mandatory to be allowed to sell the device.

Wifi Alliance certification and FCC certification are two totally different things. The first one is largely for marketing purposes, while the second one is mandatory to be allowed to sell the device.
Still at the price point this product was selling at.. it should be looked in to... It felt like less than a few months WiFi 6 was replaced with WiFi 6E and if this device can support 6E it should be given.

Asus could even add an experimental option, if a product is sold with the switch off, that would be away around the politics involved

WiFi 6E hasn't replaced WiFi 6, it's more of a premium offshoot! A nice extra that's available - if you need it. Yes, there are some who don't just want it, but will need it, but for the majority of us, it's not necessary (yet)!

WiFi 6E was known before WiFi 6 was deployed in purchasable routers.

A decision to purchase WiFi 6 equipment is on the buyer, not the seller. And expecting features to be 'turned on' is so 1950's.

Next time, buy the features you need. Not the features you expect to have.

Even now, you can sell your old router and get better.

With all the above, the onus is 100% on you, not a company, to provide what you want for your networking.

WiFi 6E was known before WiFi 6 was deployed in purchasable routers.

A decision to purchase WiFi 6 equipment is on the buyer, not the seller. And expecting features to be 'turned on' is so 1950's.

Next time, buy the features you need. Not the features you expect to have.

Even now, you can sell your old router and get better.

With all the above, the onus is 100% on you, not a company, to provide what you want for your networking.
The old saying goes : if you've got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all, guess some have no manners... I own this equipment, I'm allowed to request that the feature gets enabled on hardware that can support it. I shouldn't have to sell it and buy something else when the current hardware can have the ability to support it, theres features being added to these devices all the time by firmware updates and I'm sure some of you who have commented on my post have also requested things for you're devices, like ai mesh...

If they can add ai mesh to everything, devices that are and were much older than gt-ax11000 then they can also add support for 6E to devices that have the ability to support it, why not? Right?

It's not my fault if some of you guys are all invested in to 6E already, you might be able to afford to buy new networking equipment at a drop of a hat, some of us have to make use of the stuff we have.

There's also the argument to be made about saving the planet from more landfill, if these devices (with rare materials) can simply have 6E enabled then they should do, just for that fact alone.

Last edited:
If they can add ai mesh to everything, devices that are and were much older than gt-ax11000 then they can also add support for 6E to devices that have the ability to support it, why not? Right?

No. AX11000 model is not certified for 6GHz band. AiMesh is just software, unrelated. The situation is similar with XT8 and ET8. They have almost 1:1 identical hardware, but only ET8 is Wi-Fi 6E certified. Even if certification wasn't the issue, why would Asus do that? GS-AX3000 owners may want a free upgrade to GS-AX5400, TUF-AX3000 to TUF-AX5400, AX58U to AX82U - all almost 1:1 hardware routers. Do you see the marketing side of things?

if these devices (with rare materials) can simply have 6E enabled then they should do, just for that fact alone.

As Merlin pointed out it's not that simple. There are governmental regulations and testing that must be done on anything that transmits RF radio signals. These devices must meet certain specs before they are given the green light. While it is possible Asus could pay for the recertification process it's highly unlikely they would ever do so.

It's not my fault if some of you guys are all invested in to 6E already, you might be able to afford to buy new networking equipment at a drop of a hat, some of us have to make use of the stuff we have.

There's also the argument to be made about saving the planet from more landfill, if these devices (with rare materials) can simply have 6E enabled then they should do, just for that fact alone.

If you come here and want to be lied to, that's your choice. There is nothing mean in what I said. It is called the truth. And it applies to anything you buy.

I do not have WiFi 6E-capable equipment yet. I just do what I can without demanding I be given more (yes, you are not simply asking anymore, you're demanding).

The saving the planet argument is on you too. Why did you buy a product you know didn't match your needs (or more pertinently, your wants)?

Nobody gets what we feel we're entitled to. Re-read the replies above again to see the reasons why this isn't going to happen for this model.

Last edited:

You're a dreamer. I do recycling as business. I'm interested in recycling your router sooner. Asus is interested in selling you another. You're not getting 6E, no way. We are waiting for your router to die or become obsolete as fast as possible. Be nice and upgrade. :)

Trying to chase the latest and greatest in tech will drive you crazy and make you poor. I buy a $400-$600 router every few years, stick it up on the shelf, and as long as it does what I need, I don't care what else is out there. I get being upset because you just bought something & now it isn't the best. Sucks! But, that is just how tech goes.

The hardware does not support Wifi 6e, period. As others said, just because the chip supports it does not mean the rest of the router does. The filters and amps on that second radio were attuned for 5 GHz frequencies, not 6 Ghz frequencies. That`s why all Wifi 6e router need an extra dedicated radio for 6 GHz, they cannot reuse the 5 GHz band for that. It needs a filter and amp stage that is specifically attuned for that frequency range.

I do not have WiFi 6E-capable equipment yet. I just do what I can without demanding I be given more (yes, you are not simply asking anymore, you're demanding).

The saving the planet argument is on you too. Why did you buy a product you know didn't match your needs (or more pertinently, your wants)?
1) I'm asking, because no one who's has replied to this post works for Asus or helped design make this router.

2) I obviously brought this equipment not knowing WiFi 6E would come out straight after or with in a few months after this router was released. It wasn't even on the market for a year before this new standard came along, so yes I don't see why asking is it capable is a problem and as I spent the money on equipment that was made obsolete so quickly I believe I'm also allowed to demand support is added if such equipment is capable. To many times us, the customer are taken for a ride.

I'm a great supporter in ai mesh, it's made use of old devices and even breathes new life in to devices that didn't support it. Alot of work went in to that, likewise I'd like to see other avenue like that opened up, like adding WiFi 6E support to devices that support WiFi 6

From my understanding it's an extension, if it can't be done then fair enough, but simply saying customers such as my self are dumb for buying stuff is just silly... If no one brought anything then we wouldn't have innovation and if it wasn't for customers like me.demanding ai mesh got added to more devices we wouldn't have it on as many as we do.

Last edited:
And yes I know no one called anyone dumb but the insinuation is there and I don't appreciate it. As an adult I just thought I'd make it clear I see it and it isn't appreciated, it's very ugly

1) Nobody here is listening to you from Asus. They do not monitor these forums. Time to send your wish list to Asus directly, if that is who you intend to reply to you.

2) Your equipment is not obsolete. Live with the choices you've made. Make better choices (research) in the future before laying down your cash. There is no insinuation of anything ugly. If you don't appreciate the truth, and the work required to get what you're currently asking for, good luck. I sincerely hope you begin to understand this exchange is to give you a basis to operate from, going forward. The position you've taken is simply untenable.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!