What's new

GT-AX11000 with Zenwifi xt8 problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Reyz

Occasional Visitor
guys..or anyone care to help me determine which is right bandwith or channel i can use?fyi im using gt-ax11000 as main router and 2 nodes zenwifi xt8 and using UNIFI 300Mbps

1.btw why my nodes doesnt follow my main router center channel?its supposely follow main router channel rite?

2. how come in lan port 2 and lan port 3 i can saw only 100Mbps?i got wan port connected to BTU,lan port 2 connected to LG Smart TV and Lan port 3 connected at Astro Ultrabox.does their network port suppoerted to 100Mbps only?im using cat 6 cable for all those 3.

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    308 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    233 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    267.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    380.9 KB · Views: 90
1) Set the Channel bandwidth to 20MHz for the 2.5GHz band and 80MHz for the 5GHz band.

2) Test each channel for an extended period (at least 8 hours, 24 hours, or more preferred) and keep good notes.

3) Make sure you reboot the router and the client devices after changing control channels.

4) Almost no TVs or set-top boxes have greater than 100Mbps LAN ports.

Don't rely or keep notes on the performance from any network 'apps' to base your decision on, these cannot account for non-Wi-Fi interference in your immediate vicinity. The reason you want to do extended testing on each channel (greater than 8 hours) is to allow the surrounding AP's to get off the channels you're using (generally, they're set to 'Auto' and will move, eventually).

This may sound like a time-consuming process, but it's worth it to get the most responsive network possible. The following links may provide more information.

About L&LD

Best Practice Update/Setup Router/AiMesh Node(s) 2021

If doing all the above doesn't help, the following may (you will need to do the above again for full benefit).

Fully Reset Router and Network

1) Set the Channel bandwidth to 20MHz for the 2.5GHz band and 80MHz for the 5GHz band.

2) Test each channel for an extended period (at least 8 hours, 24 hours, or more preferred) and keep good notes.

3) Make sure you reboot the router and the client devices after changing control channels.

Don't rely or keep notes on the performance from any network 'apps' to base your decision on, these cannot account for non-Wi-Fi interference in your immediate vicinity. The reason you want to do extended testing on each channel (greater than 8 hours) is to allow the surrounding AP's to get off the channels you're using (generally, they're set to 'Auto' and will move, eventually).

This may sound like a time-consuming process, but it's worth it to get the most responsive network possible. The following links may provide more information.

About L&LD

If doing all the above doesn't help, the following may (you will need to do the above again for full benefit).

About L&LD

for answer number 2.im having problem about how to read and differentiate which channel or bandwith to select.for the picture given above anyone can help me to understand it?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!