What's new

GT-AX6000 and Xbox series S issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JoWa

Regular Contributor
Hi, just upgraded (I thought) from Asus 82U to the GT AX6000 Rog router. Now my son experience lagging when he plays fifa and fc24. We never saw that on the old 82u.
Anyone else noticed the same? I tried it all with open Nat, QoS, game boost and all that you can activate in the router. But nothing helps. Also tried Merlin and Asus org fw. When we start up the old 82u the issues disappears. So it feels like it must be the router.

Suggestions is welcomed!

Best regards

Last edited:
What firmware are you using?

Are you on wireless or using ethernet cables to game machine? (Ethernet is better).

Sometimes it helps to change the name of the wireless SSIDs when you upgrade a router, using old name, sometimes the client expects something different than the new router's tech.

thanks for your reply, Im om latest Merlin. 3004.388.4 Also tried org 3006 asus fw. Always on WIFI. Cabels to his room is not an option. This was not an issue on the Asus 82U wifi but GT-AX6000 is struggling and I have a new SSID.

Did you import the old backup config file from your old router?

Did you do a full reset after flashing the firmware you want to try/test?

Hi, just upgraded (I thought) from Asus 82U to the GT AX6000 Rog router. Now my son experience lagging when he plays fifa and fc24. We never saw that on the old 82u.
Anyone else noticed the same? I tried it all with open Nat, QoS, game boost and all that you can activate in the router. But nothing helps. Also tried Merlin and Asus org fw. When we start up the old 82u the issues disappears. So it feels like it must be the router.

Suggestions is welcomed!

Best regards
My XSXs are OPEN NAT. No lagging. 2.4ghz and 5ghz SSIDs are same.
Smart Connect, AiProtection, QoS, Game Boost, Beamforming(2.4ghz, 5ghz): Disable.
UPnP: Enable.
Port forwarding for XBOX: No, because UPnP is enabled.
2.4ghz, 5ghz channels: It's up to you. Change them and try them.
If it doesn't work upload all of your Settings with Screenshots.

Suggestions is welcomed!

Best regards
Pick a different 5 GHz channel and lock it? Could be interference. Do you have a soundbar with wireless subwoofer or rear speakers nearby? These usually use 5GHz channels.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!