What's new

GT-AX6000 Merlin GT-AX6000_388.1_0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kiki16

New Around Here
What is the difference between
GT-AX6000_388.1_0_nand_squashfs.pkgtb and
GT-AX6000_388.1_0_rog_nand_squashfs.pkgtb ?

A quick search may well have pulled this up, but... The "rog" is the "Republic Of Gamers" web interface - so it looks more akin to the original web interface, which so many of us hate! The other version of the firmware is the more common web-interface that makes a bit more sense in it's layout.

Welcome to this forum...

As mentionned by @RMerlin:

Also as an experiment, the ROG model archives (GT-xxxxx) contain a second firmware image with the _rog suffix added to the version. This is the same firmware compiled with the original ROG user interface enabled. Note that these images are provided as-is. I have fixed the most important display issues, however there may still be a few issues that remains, like the lack of any icon for the Tools menu (I don't have the artistic skills to create that icon). While I will monitor feedback, note that while I may fix issues, I don't plan on extending this interface any further. I may also decide to drop the experiment in the future, it will depend on the user feedback, and how much development time is required for future maintenance of this separate interface.

Accordingly, unless you are a gamer, it would be preferable that you upload the "GT-AX6000_388.1_0_nand_squashfs.pkgtb" update.

Welcome to this forum...

As mentionned by @RMerlin:

Also as an experiment, the ROG model archives (GT-xxxxx) contain a second firmware image with the _rog suffix added to the version. This is the same firmware compiled with the original ROG user interface enabled. Note that these images are provided as-is. I have fixed the most important display issues, however there may still be a few issues that remains, like the lack of any icon for the Tools menu (I don't have the artistic skills to create that icon). While I will monitor feedback, note that while I may fix issues, I don't plan on extending this interface any further. I may also decide to drop the experiment in the future, it will depend on the user feedback, and how much development time is required for future maintenance of this separate interface.

Accordingly, unless you are a gamer, it would be preferable that you upload the "GT-AX6000_388.1_0_nand_squashfs.pkgtb" update.
Thank you,
I am not a gamer. I bought this model (GT-AX6000) because this would be one of the best dual band wireless routers Wi-Fi 6 produced by Asus considering the vendor’s upcoming much more advanced tri-band Wi-Fi 6e or 7 routers.

Thank you,
I am not a gamer. I bought this model (GT-AX6000) because this would be one of the best dual band wireless routers Wi-Fi 6 produced by Asus considering the vendor’s upcoming much more advanced tri-band Wi-Fi 6e or 7 routers.
I am also not a gamer and purchased mine for the same reasons as yours.

A quick search may well have pulled this up, but... The "rog" is the "Republic Of Gamers" web interface - so it looks more akin to the original web interface, which so many of us hate! The other version of the firmware is the more common web-interface that makes a bit more sense in it's layout.
Are these two versions of the firmware (rog and standard) for the GT-AX6000 available from ASUS as well, or is this only RMerlin's work?

Are these two versions of the firmware (rog and standard) for the GT-AX6000 available from ASUS as well, or is this only RMerlin's work?
It is only RMerlin's work...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!