What's new

GT-AX6000 or RT-AX88U PRO

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

123ABC

New Around Here
Current network AI mesh with RT-AX88U + RT-AX86U. I am looking to expand the network with a new main router. What is better from these two GT-AX6000 or RT-AX88U PRO. Besides looks and some gaming features I can not see any difference.

Welcome to the forums @123ABC.

Between those two, I would pick the cheaper one available to you today.

But, keep in mind that the RT-AX88U Pro is an unknown commodity right now, whereas the GT-AX6000 has a great track record of excellent performance and stability.

If you're a betting man, the RT-AX88U Pro is certainly a model I would consider too (particularly now with RMerlin support).

gt-ax

Gt-ax6000 is the same router as Ax88u pro in different skin. I chose the later as I have to wall Mount in my network closet.
Agreed, the 6000 would be a sight wall mounted.
I have mine located high on a shelf in a centrally located "media closet", and zero issues with WAN/LAN.

Welcome to the forums @123ABC.

Between those two, I would pick the cheaper one available to you today.

But, keep in mind that the RT-AX88U Pro is an unknown commodity right now, whereas the GT-AX6000 has a great track record of excellent performance and stability.

If you're a betting man, the RT-AX88U Pro is certainly a model I would consider too (particularly now with RMerlin support).

As far as ports go, there is one difference - the GT-AX6000 has one USB 3.1 gen 2 port and one USB 2.0 port while the RT-AX88U Pro has a single USB 3.1 gen 2 port.

Given that the GT-AX6000 is a full year older than the RT-AX88U Pro, I do wonder whether the two routers are otherwise internally identical. I have yet to find any teardowns or analysis of FCC documentation to identify differences.

But perhaps most important is that both routers are compatible with the upcoming 3.0.0.6 firmware.

My 6000 is located so high, that I never see it from those angles.
As previously posted, other than a different design and flashy gold accents, What Does The AX88U "Pro" offer, since it seems a step-down from the 6000 technically?

According to the RT-AX88U Pro documentation on the FCC website, internal images provided to the FCC are scheduled for public release on June 6, 2023. So, any info in the near future will have to come from a review site or end-user doing a teardown.

According to the RT-AX88U Pro documentation on the FCC website, internal images provided to the FCC are scheduled for public release on June 6, 2023. So, any info in the near future will have to come from a review site or end-user doing a teardown.
Any updates on this?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!