What's new

Gt ax6000 rog vs ax86u pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ronorbar

Regular Contributor
What is the best of both, I have seen that the specification is similar and the other has a DDR4

Both are DDR4, but may run at a different spec. The FCC certified model of GT-AX6000 had 2666mhz Samsung DDR4, but alt models such as GT-AXE16000 (Flagship) are certified with 2400mhz Samsung chips.

May be RNG.. or run at a custom speed innately. IE: chips are purchased for cost and run at lower/higher speed. I don't know.

Both have same main CPU and 5G radio.

GT-AX6000 has a superior 2.4G radio and second 2.5G Port for WAN/LAN.

Real world performance may be better or worse depending on environment. IE: it's possible that AX86U PRO outperforms GT-AX6000 and vice versa.

The best of both worlds is a setup like I have in my house. GT-AX6000 as the main router and the AX86U as a wired mesh backhaul node. They work great together and they have expanded my WiFi network tremendously.
Having said that..., if you running a mesh system with those two routers, do not upgrade the firmware of the AX6000 to the latest 388 22068, it makes the mesh system completely unreliable with intermittent connectivity at the node, wired or not!

Both are DDR4, but may run at a different spec. The FCC certified model of GT-AX6000 had 2666mhz Samsung DDR4, but alt models such as GT-AXE16000 (Flagship) are certified with 2400mhz Samsung chips.

May be RNG.. or run at a custom speed innately. IE: chips are purchased for cost and run at lower/higher speed. I don't know.

Both have same main CPU and 5G radio.

GT-AX6000 has a superior 2.4G radio and second 2.5G Port for WAN/LAN.

Real world performance may be better or worse depending on environment. IE: it's possible that AX86U PRO outperforms GT-AX6000 and vice versa.
Ax6000 no ddr4

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 3.47.41 AM.png

Not DDR3. Welcome to the world of Marketing typos.

Global product page doesn't even list DDR3 or DRR4.

GT-AX6000's keep showing up "used" on Amazon for less than $225, so I bought a second one. Once again, it appears that someone opened the box, gasped in horror at the size, and returned it. Considering that these things have a fuller range of hardware ports than the RT-AX86U Pro and the RT-AX88U Pro while appearing to have the same or better processor, RAM, and Wi-Fi specs, its hard to not love this router because its so much less expensive than the other two.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!