What's new

GT-AXE-11000 not connecting consistently to 5G...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pupster

Occasional Visitor
Have a new GT-AXE-11000 router (less than a month old), and while the 5G was connecting reliably at first, now it frequently disappears when I browse for the SSIDs from my various wireless devices. When the 5G does show up, it fails to connect (the computer will show "connecting," and then it ultimately errors out.

I upgraded to the latest firmware before I started having all these problems. Could that be the problem? 3.0.0.386_43984

Unfortunately, I didn't record the firmware version before I autoupgraded to the latest firmware, so even if I can flash back to the older firmware, I don't know what version to flash back to....

Could there be another reason the 5G appears then disappears and is erractic? Hate that I spent $600 on a doorstop....

What are your WIFI settings?

Are you using 160 MHz bandwidth and what channel are you using? If so, switch to 80 MHz. You could be being affected by DFS radar scans.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!