GT-AXE11000 and GT-AC 5300 Ai Mesh Question

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

cc666

Current setup is GT-AXE11000 as router in attic hard wired to the GT-AC5300 as node in main living area.
There are 3 hard wired lines to 3 smart TV's and the forth hard wire for the node.

The attic utility room has all my cat 6 feeds and cable modem. It is working perfectly but of the
30 connections 22 are using the AC5300 and only 8 using the GXE-11000.

Would the better setup be putting the GT-AC5300 in attic room as main router and hardwire to
the GT-AXE11000 as the node? In this setup the node would have the majority of the wireless connections.

Please advise what you think the optimal setup would be.

CC

Kingp1n

Very Senior Member
That would be a waste of router spending approx. $500 and having it (GT-AXE11000) as node. I would keep as is.

Maybe in the future you can sell the AC5300 and buy a cheaper tri/dual-band "AX" router since it will be hardwired as node.

cc666

That would be a waste of router spending approx. $500 and having it (GT-AXE11000) as node. I would keep as is.

Maybe in the future you can sell the AC5300 and buy a cheaper tri/dual-band "AX" router since it will be hardwired as node.

Thank you for the reply, what would you suggest as a node tri band router? Is the AX11000 the only option?

CC

Kingp1n

Very Senior Member
Theres a few cheaper triband options i.e. RT-AX92U however If it's wired you sld be gtg with dual-band but check out this article explaining the best options:

Clark Griswald

@Kingp1n Thanks for the link to Dong's article. He has good reviews.
I read "This list is sorted in the order of my experience, newest on top —
the order is not meant to be the ranking.", yet my trusty AC86 is #1 ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!