What's new

GT-AXE11000 and GT-AC 5300 Ai Mesh Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cc666

Very Senior Member
Current setup is GT-AXE11000 as router in attic hard wired to the GT-AC5300 as node in main living area.
There are 3 hard wired lines to 3 smart TV's and the forth hard wire for the node.

The attic utility room has all my cat 6 feeds and cable modem. It is working perfectly but of the
30 connections 22 are using the AC5300 and only 8 using the GXE-11000.

Would the better setup be putting the GT-AC5300 in attic room as main router and hardwire to
the GT-AXE11000 as the node? In this setup the node would have the majority of the wireless connections.

Please advise what you think the optimal setup would be.

CC

That would be a waste of router spending approx. $500 and having it (GT-AXE11000) as node. I would keep as is.

Maybe in the future you can sell the AC5300 and buy a cheaper tri/dual-band "AX" router since it will be hardwired as node.

That would be a waste of router spending approx. $500 and having it (GT-AXE11000) as node. I would keep as is.

Maybe in the future you can sell the AC5300 and buy a cheaper tri/dual-band "AX" router since it will be hardwired as node.

Thank you for the reply, what would you suggest as a node tri band router? Is the AX11000 the only option?

CC

Theres a few cheaper triband options i.e. RT-AX92U however If it's wired you sld be gtg with dual-band but check out this article explaining the best options:

@Kingp1n Thanks for the link to Dong's article. He has good reviews.
I read "This list is sorted in the order of my experience, newest on top —
the order is not meant to be the ranking.", yet my trusty AC86 is #1 ;)

In my rush to future proof I also picked up a AXE-11000 (got an ok price , awaiting DIY antenna repair) without axe client devices or another ASUS axe as a node the 6ghz band really isn’t being used. My suggestion (which I have yet to execute myself) is to hardwire for Ethernet backhaul. I am also keeping the ac-5300 as main (for now) so I can leverage Merlin to customize my feature set / options. at least until I get some more axe hardware / devices. I would assume we will get more 6ghz devices from ASUS in 2022. I would expect a Zen offering (or two) and an update to the 86/68 products to bring them to WiFi 6e axe.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!