GT-AXE11000 NAS USB drive sharing not working?

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

timg11

Occasional Visitor
I'm trying to configure a shared USB drive on the GT-AXE11000. Current firmware version is
1615071440439.png

which I believe is the only version so far.

I have inserted the Passport SSD drive, and enabled sharing on the USB Application / Servers Center / Network Place (Samba) page.

From both Windows and Ubuntu clients, I get "connection refused"
If I understand the interface, the drive is supposed to be expanded and permissions assigned for users.
When I click on the drive "WD My Passport 264F" below the device "GT-AXE11000", a spinning circle appears and spins forever

Is the drive sharing functionality broken, or is there another configuration step necessary?

1615071357514.png

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
My guess is that the drive is formatted as exFAT which the router doesn't support. Try reformatting the drive as NTFS and seeing if that works.

timg11

Occasional Visitor
My guess is that the drive is formatted as exFAT which the router doesn't support. Try reformatting the drive as NTFS and seeing if that works.
@ColinTaylor, That is correct - the Passport drive did come as exFAT. I reformatted as NTFS.
I can see the drive contents now;

1615151715229.png

Unfortunately the sharing control buttons (R/W, R, No) cannot be selected.
The radio buttons do not change state when clicked. Any clicks are ignored.

The Edit icon allows changing folder names, but does not enable setting the sharing attributes?

Any other hints?

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
It's because you have guest login enabled.

timg11

Occasional Visitor
@ColinTaylor, correct again - the folders are indeed shared R/W, even though the radio buttons do not indicate that state. Thanks!

If I was the UI designer, I'd replace the row of buttons with the message "Not Applicable with guest login enabled"

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!