What's new

Beta GT-AXE16000 9.0.0.6.102_4856 New Beta Firmware Release Notes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tanoanian

Occasional Visitor
Firmware version 9.0.0.6.102_4856

Be noted:
This is an early stage beta, there might be bugs. This version can be downgraded via web GUI only.

Release note:
- Recap new features of 3.0.0.6.102:
Guest network Pro(SDN), VLAN, Auto USB WAN backup, iPhone tethering, Multi-services WAN.
- Re-defined VLAN, supports Trunk, Access mode with VLAN-only-network.
- Synchronize Guest network pro (SDN) with VLAN,
create/delete new VLAN-only-network will create/delete a new profile in Guest network as well.
- Port isolation and AP isolation to restrict device access to each other.
- Re-defined multi-service WAN, disable it by default.
- Add surfshark VPN in VPN fusion.ingle WAN interface.

Be noted:
This is an early stage beta, there might be bugs. This version can be downgraded via web GUI only.

Release note:
Guest network Pro(SDN), VLAN, Auto USB WAN backup, iPhone tethering, Multi-services WAN.
create/delete new VLAN-only-network will create/delete a new profile in Guest network as well.

Hallo, Please Download-Link ;-) THX

Be noted:

Release note:
Dont forget to provide download link whet announce new software.

I am wondering if this firmware is stable enough to use? Please advise.

CC

If it was deemed stable, it wouldn't be released as a 9.xxx/Beta by Asus.

Be noted:
This is an early stage beta, there might be bugs.

If it was deemed stable, it wouldn't be released as a 9.xxx/Beta by Asus.

I took the plunge and installed the firmware, so far its flawless. I am trying to grasp the VLAN concept.
On three of my ports I have it direct to OLED Televisions. Would VLAN make
any difference in this setup?

CC

@cc666, I don't see how VLANs would make any difference to TVs, normally.

Now that I have moved between this Beta and the released 22525 there is no doubt that wireless signal
and thoroughput are much faster. I wonder if there are new wireless drivers in this Beta. I am seeing
a 10-20% increase in d/l speed and also get a much quicker responce from my backyard Camera that is
furthest from the router.

CC

Now that I have moved between this Beta and the released 22525 there is no doubt that wireless signal
and thoroughput are much faster. I wonder if there are new wireless drivers in this Beta. I am seeing
a 10-20% increase in d/l speed and also get a much quicker responce from my backyard Camera that is
furthest from the router.

CC
I am having the exact opposite experience. my camera became intermittent after installing the Beta even if the cameras are connected via ethernet cables. Also after installing the beta there seemed to be an issue with the router negotiating with the modem. My internet would drop for a few seconds once in a while. After a bit of fiddling the culprit seemed to be ipv6. disabling and re-enabling seem to have fixed it for a while. I had to downgrade back to release because of it. another thing i found was that 10gbps ethernet seemed unstable in the beta. My rt-ax89x mesh node connected to the axe16000 seems to have more intermitent connection issues after connecting via 10gbps. After dropping the connection to 2.5gbps everything seemed better. With that said I am having the same issue with release as well. But in the case of release the rt-ax89x just refuse to connect via 10gbps entirely.

VPN server won't allow me to connect to Intranet devices when VPN fusion is on. It works with stable not beta.

Last edited:
Anyone able to get 3 concurrent WireGuard sessions on this router?

I've tried it on other routers running 3.0.0.6 and always get the msg about it being limited to 2 - pls disconnect one before trying to connect another one.

I used to run two ASUS routers to get 4 concurrent WireGuard sessions - which worked well - but then I moved to London and had to downgrade to one (smaller place, woeful internet speeds)

I would gladly go out an buy an AXE16000 if it supported 3 concurrent WireGuard VPN sessions.

Is anyone still on this firmware? There has been no updates to the GT-AXE 16000 since April.

CC

Kinda sad that once a flagship device has been meted with 3rd class firmware support. I hope new wave of stable 3.0.0.6.102 firmwares drop next week.

TBH, the AXE16000 is a redundant product when superior Wifi7 ASUS RT-BE96U exists which will get MLO support.

It is very unclear what ASUS is intending with all these firmwares. Site for ASUSWRT 5 hasn't been updated in ages. Also looks like there is going to be at least 3 flavors, normal, pro and business. But I wonder if all hardware configurations can deal with all of these (Broadcom / Mediatek)

The intent is clear. They are working on providing upgraded experiences for the future. And they are doing it in a way that will keep their workload less, in the future too. (i.e. consolidated base).

The firmware is still being worked on, and the website will be updated when necessary. First, the actual work needs to happen and the results be of a certain quality.

The intent is clear. They are working on providing upgraded experiences for the future. And they are doing it in a way that will keep their workload less, in the future too. (i.e. consolidated base).

The firmware is still being worked on, and the website will be updated when necessary. First, the actual work needs to happen and the results be of a certain quality.
No offense but I thought your reply was very ChatGPT like. Hehe

No offense taken. 🙂

Is anyone still using this beta firmware or has everyone bailed on it?

CC

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!