What's new

GT-AXE16000 Owner's Thread

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tundy Mundy

Occasional Visitor
Since the router has finally been available to order as of today from the Asus store (and soon Newegg and B&H Photo Video will start shipping), I'm making this thread to consolidate conversation about experience with and discussion of it.

Anyone who's ordered one already, check in with your setup experience when you receive it.

Since the router has finally been available to order as of today from the Asus store (and soon Newegg and B&H Photo Video will start shipping), I'm making this thread to consolidate conversation about experience with and discussion of it.

Anyone who's ordered one already, check in with your setup experience when you receive it.
Thanks for starting the thread. I’ll be back when the unit arrives and I get it set up. I’ll be coming off the 2.5GB port on my cable modem to the router (gig service), then out to a multi-gig switch and going AIMesh to three AX86U nodes with wireless backhaul (big house). Looking forward to testing it out. Going to replace an existing AC home network with a gig switch an RT-AC5300 main router and three AC68U nodes. I’ve got at least six 6E clients with more coming in the future.

Last edited:
I got a notice from Newegg yesterday that mine was being prepared for shipping and has an estimated ship date of today 6/15.

EDIT- Just got a UPS shipping notification w/ tracking number.

Last edited:
I got a notice from Newegg yesterday that mine was being prepared for shipping and has an estimated ship date of today 6/15.
Dang, I canceled my Newegg pre-order yesterday when I ordered from the Asus store. Still in processing, not in packaging yet despite the website claim "most orders are shipped within 24 hours".

Dang, I canceled my Newegg pre-order yesterday when I ordered from the Asus store. Still in processing, not in packaging yet despite the website claim "most orders are shipped within 24 hours".
I wouldn't worry overmuch. Mine is still in processing also at the Asus store. Now that Asus has the order, I'd expect they'll ship reasonably soon. They (hopefully) would not have accepted more orders than they could fulfill with the stock they had in house at launch. They stopped taking orders about 10 hours after they began accepting them which also tells me they sold all they had available yesterday then quit taking further orders until they get more in stock.

Just a personal thing on my part, but because of some prior bad experiences, I will not give Newegg one cent of my money ever again, so I don't regret not pre-ordering with them.

I wouldn't worry overmuch. Mine is still in processing also at the Asus store. Now that Asus has the order, I'd expect they'll ship reasonably soon. They (hopefully) would not have accepted more orders than they could fulfill with the stock they had in house at launch. They stopped taking orders about 10 hours after they began accepting them which also tells me they accounted for all they had yesterday then quit taking further orders for now.

Just a personal thing on my part, but because of some prior bad experiences, I will not give Newegg one cent of my money ever again, so I don't regret not pre-ordering with them.
Yeah, I have no intention of altering my order at this point. I understand the distaste for Newegg, although personally I've had good experiences with them even recently. I try to source my parts from anywhere else unless Newegg is the only option (and they were the first place to put up pre-orders for the router).

Usually it just ends up being motherboards and ram I have to buy through Newegg.

Edit: and in the last 10 minutes my Asus order changed to completed with a tracking number. Number reports as "label created" but not yet shipped but I'm sure FedEx will pick it up today or tomorrow. Its shipping from socal and I'm west coast so I can hope they get it here promptly.

Yeah, I have no intention of altering my order at this point. I understand the distaste for Newegg, although personally I've had good experiences with them even recently. I try to source my parts from anywhere else unless Newegg is the only option (and they were the first place to put up pre-orders for the router).

Usually it just ends up being motherboards and ram I have to buy through Newegg.

Edit: and in the last 10 minutes my Asus order changed to completed with a tracking number. Number reports as "label created" but not yet shipped but I'm sure FedEx will pick it up today or tomorrow. Its shipping from socal and I'm west coast so I can hope they get it here promptly.
Got my tracking number as well...FedEx is estimating on or before Jun 20. That's to Texas. Hopefully it'll be sooner. I wasn't going to pay for overnight shipping. I've been waiting since January...I can wait another few days. :cool:

Last edited:
Got my tracking number as well...FedEx is estimating on or before Jun 21. That's to Texas. Hopefully it'll be sooner. I wasn't going to pay for overnight shipping. I've been waiting since January...I can wait another few days. :cool:

Hopefully you'll have power when it gets there! :D

OE

About Newegg, they used to be at the bottom of my list, since they nickeled and dimed me to death when I bought a particular router and it didn't work for me. I was so angry with them at the time, I had them close my account and haven't even looked at their web site since then. Both Best Buy and Amazon have been much better than that. Went back to the Newegg web site the other day after a couple of years, and their return policy now looks much more like Best Buy's, which is pretty much unconditional. They say that they'll take a return for any reason now, and not charge you for postage or restocking. If that's the case, I'm ready to use them again when appropriate; e.g. when they have something in stock that I'm looking for that no one else on my list does *smile*.

I'm glad to see that they have apparently seen the light in the customer service area.

Last edited:
About Newegg, they used to at the bottom of my list, since they nickeled and dimed me to death when I bought a particular router and it didn't work for me. I was so angry with them at the time, I had them close my account and haven't even looked at their web site since then. Both Best Buy and Amazon have been much better than that. Went back to the Newegg web site the other day after a couple of years, and their return policy now looks much more like Best Buy's, which is pretty much unconditional. They say that they'll take a return for any reason now, and not charge you for postage or restocking. If that's the case, I'm ready to use them again when appropriate; e.g. when they have something in stock that I'm looking for that no one else on my list does *smile*.

I was glad to see that they have apparently seen the light in the customer service area.
I recently ordered a kit of ram that didn't play nicely with my motherboard. Despite not being defective and being opened and used, Newegg sent me a prepaid return label and refunded me in full. No questions asked, no hassle. I simply wrote exactly what happened in the reason for return box and everything was handled without a hitch.

Where did you guys order it? All I see is out of stock or unavailable?
The only 3 places listing it are the Asus webstore, Newegg, and BH Photo Video. Asus stocked a limited amount on Tuesday that sold out. Newegg received their initial allocation and sold out. BH photo video is still awaiting their initial allocation.

You can backorder it from Newegg with a shipping ETA of 6/23 or from BH with a shipping ETA of 6/21. Asus webstore doesn't allow backorders.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 83E64447-8AD6-4FFE-BD29-AC4DFD99C3C1.png
    83E64447-8AD6-4FFE-BD29-AC4DFD99C3C1.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 99
Newly registered but lurker for a while. Mine was just delivered to Texas from the Asus store. Looking forward to testing it out! Just bought an AXE11000 2 weeks ago so I'm looking forward to seeing the difference! (Both boxes for comparison if anyone cares)

Attachments

• 20220616_201142.jpg
    20220616_201142.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 363

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!