What's new

Skynet GT-AXE16000 w/PuTTY--unable to add all countries I want to ban

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

blondeboyzz

Occasional Visitor
I just received my ASUS GT-AXE16000 a couple days ago. I have Skynet installed but can only past 59 countries because word wrap just won't work--any entries above 59 just fall off the screen and won't go to the next line. What am I missing to fix/make PuTTY do this? Anyway to update Skynet to not remove previous countries blocked so all you do is add countries only instead of removing all added countries and apply the newly added countries? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!!!

I'll bet you have less to permit than deny. Just add the ones you want to get to and deny everything else.

I think Skynet is out of development and I don't think that you can do more also by default everything on incoming is denied unless you want to block outgoing traffic
Skynet is good for if you to have open ports and you want to hide those ports for bad guys like scanning bots.

if you want to do geo block then you need to run pfsense whit pfblocker.

Needless to say, it doesn't matter if Skynet is or isn't in development. The problem is with PuTTY and why line wrapping is not working. Questions should be: Is Skynet limiting number of countries to add since line wrapping is not working? Is this truly a PuTTY issue with accessing the ASUS router?

There's nothing wrong with line wrapping in PuTTY. I've never used Skynet so I don't know whether that imposes any input restrictions.

The question is moot anyway as the OP is returning his router:
Thanks for the reply. I have tried that and it just updates the numbers and not the graphs. It's ok, I've decided to send this router back and forget about buying ASUS products again.

I just received my ASUS GT-AXE16000 a couple days ago. I have Skynet installed but can only past 59 countries because word wrap just won't work--any entries above 59 just fall off the screen and won't go to the next line. What am I missing to fix/make PuTTY do this? Anyway to update Skynet to not remove previous countries blocked so all you do is add countries only instead of removing all added countries and apply the newly added countries? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!!!

For anyone else not returning their routers out of frustration, try editing a list of countries you want to block in a text file like this first, and then copy & paste this command into your SSH window, and hit enter...

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall ban country "ru cn kp ir iq sa ae pk af az ba bg hr cu cz eg ee ge va hu id in il kz kw kg lv md om qa ro rs sk si sy tr ua uz"

I don’t
Huge fan here, @Adamm! Skynet is a necessary part of a wholesome diet (or standard router setup) ;) Can you give us any glimpse on any future development or features that might be coming our way?

For anyone else not returning their routers out of frustration, try editing a list of countries you want to block in a text file like this first, and then copy & paste this command into your SSH window, and hit enter...

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall ban country "ru cn kp ir iq sa ae pk af az ba bg hr cu cz eg ee ge va hu id in il kz kw kg lv md om qa ro rs sk si sy tr ua uz"

I'm sure that it is more than just frustration when a question is posted and really no answers with helpful information until after the person posts they are returning it a week later. One way to look at it is....you only have a short period of time to return such an expensive device. Money doesn't grow on trees and trying to make something work and not getting anywhere...well, I would be more than frustrated. From what I can tell from the postings, I would expect the ASUS community to be nice and try to help instead of criticizing a person for posting and asking a question. It is a shame this community lost someone that was obviously new.

I'm sure that it is more than just frustration when a question is posted and really no answers with helpful information until after the person posts they are returning it a week later. One way to look at it is....you only have a short period of time to return such an expensive device. Money doesn't grow on trees and trying to make something work and not getting anywhere...well, I would be more than frustrated. From what I can tell from the postings, I would expect the ASUS community to be nice and try to help instead of criticizing a person for posting and asking a question. It is a shame this community lost someone that was obviously new.
Couple of points of contention...

1.) According to his post on Saturday Oct 22, he indicated he had already returned it. Probably even before Saturday from the sound of it. So based on his original post asking for help on Wednesday Oct 19, this gave him... what... about 2 days to mess around with this router before it was returned? Seems awfully short, right?

2.) I'm sorry I wasn't there immediately to help answer his question, but at least I answered it for those who might run into the same issue down the road. I'm sorry if this wasn't helpful enough for you. :(

3.) When somebody says "I've decided to send this router back and forget about buying ASUS products again.", that to me means they returned a product out of frustration. Does that not resonate with you as well?

4.) Based on his conversations and questions that were answered for him, it didn't sound like he was entirely committed to this router anyways... just my 2 cents.

It seems you are quite confrontational in your posts. You might want to be careful how you choose your words in the future?

Can you give us any glimpse on any future development or features that might be coming our way?

I'm going overseas for a month, so unless there's a big meltdown don't expect anything too soon... But the pull request button works year-round :cool:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!