What's new

GT-AXE16000 Wi-Fi Speed is Slow w/Multi-Gig Xfinity

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

blondeboyzz

Occasional Visitor
Just purchased this router a few days ago. I have installed ASUS Merlin, reset settings and added a few other programs from AMTM. One thing I have noticed is that my wireless speeds do not even come close to matching my broadband speeds from Xfinity. My XB7 modem is pulling around 1400-1500 mbps. My RAX120 was also pulling this range. The GT-AXE16000 is pulling around 1300-1400mbps. I have my laptop computer directly wired to one of the 10G ports and pulls the full 1300-1400mbps. When I switch over to my wi-fi6, on my laptop, I'm lucky to get 600-700mbps. Are any of you having this problem? If so, any work arounds or upcoming firmware updates for this? I noticed I get around the same on my iPhone 14 Pro Max....booo..haha.

Thanks for the help!!

Just purchased this router a few days ago. I have installed ASUS Merlin, reset settings and added a few other programs from AMTM. One thing I have noticed is that my wireless speeds do not even come close to matching my broadband speeds from Xfinity. My XB7 modem is pulling around 1400-1500 mbps. My RAX120 was also pulling this range. The GT-AXE16000 is pulling around 1300-1400mbps. I have my laptop computer directly wired to one of the 10G ports and pulls the full 1300-1400mbps. When I switch over to my wi-fi6, on my laptop, I'm lucky to get 600-700mbps. Are any of you having this problem? If so, any work arounds or upcoming firmware updates for this? I noticed I get around the same on my iPhone 14 Pro Max....booo..haha.

Thanks for the help!!
Got this reply from Asus Tech Support when I complained about wired speed issues.

'Dear Valued Customer,

If you recently encounter limited speed acceleration, or unable to reach maximum connection speed, please try to disable the following features: AiProtection, Traffic Analyzer, Web History, Adaptive QoS, Game boost, Web & apps filters, bandwidth monitor, Mobile Game Mode to maintain the optimal internet speed.

Sincerely,
ASUS Team'

Got this reply from Asus Tech Support when I complained about wired speed issues.

'Dear Valued Customer,

If you recently encounter limited speed acceleration, or unable to reach maximum connection speed, please try to disable the following features: AiProtection, Traffic Analyzer, Web History, Adaptive QoS, Game boost, Web & apps filters, bandwidth monitor, Mobile Game Mode to maintain the optimal internet speed.

Sincerely,
ASUS Team'
Thanks for the response. I don't have most of these things turned on..really, the only thing I do is the AiProtection.

Thanks for the response. I don't have most of these things turned on..really, the only thing I do is the AiProtection.
That's exactly what throttled wired speeds to a quarter of what my ISP advertised. Disabling it in my case fully returned it to what I got on my previous router the RT-AX89X. Asus told me they were working with TrendMicro, which provides the AiProtection suite, to come up with a workaround for the problem.

blondeboyzz, your problem is with not reaching wireless speed on your laptop aka wifi6? if that's the case that's trickiers, depends on channel interference, the capability of your laptop wireless receiver etc...more information is needed before even moving close to a diagnosis

blondeboyzz, your problem is with not reaching wireless speed on your laptop aka wifi6? if that's the case that's trickiers, depends on channel interference, the capability of your laptop wireless receiver etc...more information is needed before even moving close to a diagnosis
From what I can tell, these ASUS routers do not have a function that scans the area and make the appropriate selection. Am I correct? Because if these routers are that sensitive...back it goes for it's horrid price.

Well its that expensive because of its multigig capability (and multigig ports) - otherwise its going to have the same features as any high end consumer router - if your internet is 1.5 gb i am not sure this is needed - unless you were planning to change to 3 and above gb internet soon.

i have read some issues existing with this router on this forum, but as for yours it should have no issues delivering that speed (but imo dont expect wireless speed up to 1.5 but maybe close to 1 gb) again depends on device too - but that depends on distance and you possibly tuning the router a bit - expensive or less expensive often people here need to tune router to really get the promised performance..

my att fiber is 950Mbps and i get 800Mbps on 6GHz. not sure it could go past that, since i have a wall between client/router...

'Dear Valued Customer,

Sincerely,
ASUS Team'
Here is the reply I received:

Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support.

My name is Romben Lance A. and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.

A. May disable the smart connect feature for selected models (Most AX series, GT-AC5300, RT-AC5300, RT-AC3100, RT-AC88U, RT-AC3200)

B. 2.4GHz connection issues:

1. Change wireless mode to 'Legacy' (Wireless -> General -> Band = 2.4GHz)

2. Change channel bandwidth to '40 MHz' (Wireless -> General -> Band = 2.4GHz)

3. Change control channel to 1, 6, or 11 (Wireless -> General -> Band = 2.4GHz) (l = lower band, u = upper band)

C. 5GHz connection issues:

1. Wireless -> General -> 5GHz-1 or 5GHz-2 -> Select 'Legacy', 'N only' or 'N/AC mixed' in Wireless Mode

2. Change channel bandwidth to '40 MHz' (Wireless -> General -> Band = 5GHz-1 or 5GHz-2)

3. Change control channel (Wireless -> General -> Band = 5GHz-1 and 5GHz-2 [for Tri-band models] )

4. May try to disable 'Airtime Fairness' option from GUI > Wireless > Professional

You are more than welcome to visit our Asus support website: https://www.asus.com/us/support
If you continue to experience issues in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

'Dear Valued Customer,

Sincerely,
ASUS Team'
This is what I received today..LOL...ridiculous!!

Attachments

• Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support.pdf
    290.8 KB · Views: 81
Yeah not surprised - i mean people on this forum can give you much more help. Also, i think a router like that is totally not necessary unless there are certain features you need (like multigig ports) - but need to give more info for help. Curious, what does the internal speed test on router page give u?

Yeah not surprised - i mean people on this forum can give you much more help. Also, i think a router like that is totally not necessary unless there are certain features you need (like multigig ports) - but need to give more info for help. Curious, what does the internal speed test on router page give u?
Almost 1400mbps download, upload is only 41..we do not have synchronous yet..booo

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!