What's new

GT-BE98 WIFI 7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

John Fitzgerald

Very Senior Member
@RMerlin

We gonna get your special sauce for this???

Last edited:
@RMerlin

We gonna get your special sauce for this???

I wonder if it's going to have the same screwed up wireless lan interface lineup that the AXE16000 has... if so, RTRMON is set! :p

(BTW, you might want to remove that "release" tag on this thread, else certain forum members will start getting all upset.) ;)

Merlin support depends on the chipset the router uses. It could be Broadcom (BCM4398), but there is also Qualcomm (Pro 1620) and Mediatek (Filogic 380) that make a WiFi 7 router chipset. If it's Broadcom we might get lucky.

Last edited:
I did a little more digging and found this schematic drawing from Broadcom:
Broadcom 802.11be.png

That looks very much like the configuration offered by this GT-BE98 minus the two BCM50991 2.5G LAN's.

I did a little more digging and found this schematic drawing from Broadcom:
View attachment 46899

That looks very much like the configuration offered by this GT-BE98 minus the two BCM50991 2.5G LAN's.
I think the only thing it's missing is that RJ-11 port for my fax machine. :p

(BTW, you might want to remove that "release" tag on this thread, else certain forum members will start getting all upset.) ;)

Would the BETA tag be better???

Fixed: I'll let the boss fix it if he thinks it's the wrong tag. It is a new release to market...

Last edited:
Would the BETA tag be better???

I'll let the boss fix it if he thinks it's the wrong tag. It is a new release to market...
I think you'd need a "TBD" tag. ;)

And here is the none GT version:
ASUS RT-BE96U

With semiconductors shrinking, why do these things keep getting bigger???
Simple. More WiFi's = more antennas = more bandwidths = bigger internet tubes.

Your Google Nest is like the fax machine in routers anyway. No "performance" design whatsoever. Read here what a proper router is:

The arachnid look has been hideous from the start.

How about small, demure, easy on the eyes, unobtrusive, attractive, easily hidden, blendable, ...

This is not a centerpiece for the dinner table as far as the looks go.

Available:

Camo is unattractive: Camo is suppose to blend with the environment, I think the blue light in the middle negates its purpose.