What's new

Guest network 1 kills 2.4 when created and removed (AX86U)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

J.I

Occasional Visitor
Hi

I wonder if anybody run into the same issue I run with Guess network 1 on 2.4 band.

So Installed 386.1 on my brand new AX86U and right away made factory reset. Then I configures guess network 1 for my smart devices. However then I realized that unlike on my old AC1900P the guess network 1 ignores DHCP and assign IPs 192.168.101.x so clicked remove button and created network 2 with the same setting (SSID, password, disable intranet, mac filter) saved and rebooted the router.

So after the reboot my router came with:

net_5G
net_24
net_24_smart

The problem I experience is that within 2 hours the main network and the guest network that runs on 2.4 stopped broadcasting (the devices disconnected and 2.4 band was not appearing in search). The 5G one was fine. I rebooted router and again the same happened within two hours.

After that I reenabled guess network 1 so I run Guess network 1 and 2 plus main one and the problem not happened again.

I read that guess network 1 causes problems but I wonder if anybody else run into this problem.