What's new

Guest network disappears

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lee MacMillan

I have an AC66U B1 running the latest ASUS firmware (21045.) I have set up a guest network twice (on the 2.4Ghz) and twice it has disappeared after a day or 2. Is this a bug in the software? Or am I doing something wrong?

Define “disappear”. Clients can’t see it? Shows as disabled on router?

Define “disappear”. Clients can’t see it? Shows as disabled on router?
Oops. The guest network screen shows no guest network, no entries, just the 3 enable buttons. When I select the first enable button, I get a message that says "applying changes" (or something similar) and then the guest network appears just as I had set it up. Next time I see that it's "missing" I will check one of my devices to see if the device sees it. Maybe this is normal behavior.

Attachments

• guest network.JPG
    guest network.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 579
Last edited:
New firmware available for AC66U B1. Suggest you try it!

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

I am running the latest firmware available on the Asus website (as noted in my original post.) Where would i find something newer?

I updated to the lastest firmware. The guest network remained visible in the GUI for 2 or 3 days then disappeared again. It doesn't show up when I open a wifi analyzer program. I know if I hit enable in the guest network screen, it will get re-enabled. I don't need a guest network very often so I guess I'll just have to live with this issue.

I updated to the lastest firmware. The guest network remained visible in the GUI for 2 or 3 days then disappeared again. It doesn't show up when I open a wifi analyzer program. I know if I hit enable in the guest network screen, it will get re-enabled. I don't need a guest network very often so I guess I'll just have to live with this issue.

Does it always disappear after the same amount of time? Anything in the logs when it does? I suspect you probably set a duration for it once, and the browser has remembered it and autofills it now so even if you factory reset you’ll still see this strange behaviour.

If it’s really bothering you you can try factory reset, then use a different browser you don’t use to do the set up and see if that fixes it.

Does it always disappear after the same amount of time? Anything in the logs when it does? I suspect you probably set a duration for it once, and the browser has remembered it and autofills it now so even if you factory reset you’ll still see this strange behaviour.
Bingo! I just re-enabled it and I noticed the "time remaining" setting. It was set to 48 hours. I don't remember setting a time limit (vs. unlimited) but perhaps I did. Anyway, you have solved the mystery and I have fixed the problem. Thanks!

Reactions: kfp

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!