What's new

Guest network giving two sets of IP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

banz

Regular Contributor
This is my Guest network. I've got Yazfi and running 386.3_2 firmware. Clients on this 2.4G network should only be getting 192.168.2.0/24 IP. However some devices are picking up my internal 192.168.1.0/24 network. Any idea what is going on?

I also tried pinging these 192.168.1.0/24 IP that is on the guest network. Not reachable. Some of my IOT devices are showing that they got the 192.168.1.0 IPs when I checked, but they definitely not pingable but however internet is still working on them.

Something odd going on?
1643914151794.png

Yes, this happens when you remake GUEST 3 on GUEST 1 and do not reboot the router.

Did you reboot the router after you made the guest network 1?

Guest network 3 will issue dhcp addresses from your local LAN segment. Although it has its own vlan and access between networks is closed, I still recommend the classic vlan scheme where there is a separate dhcp server. This option is possible only in the guest network 1, as well as its distribution to all AiMesh nodes

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2022-02-04 102741.jpg
    Снимок экрана 2022-02-04 102741.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 82
I do a scheduled reboot weekly and have been running like this for over a year. Everything seems to be running okay. It's just annoying when I go to wireless logs and it shows the wrong IP address.

I'm using aimesh. Also have a lot of settings so I really don't want to do factory reset. I usually just do backup and restore configs when I upgrade the firmware.