1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Guest network on different ip section?

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by newnews, Nov 19, 2019.

1. newnews

newnews Occasional Visitor

Hello,

I have Guest Network enabled on my RT-AC68U router, I noticed the ip address assigned to the device connected on guest network are in the same ip section as other devices. I did not find a way to setup different ip address for guest. for example I have all my intranet devices on 192.168.100.xxx, and I want to assign 192.168.200.xxx to guest device.

How can I achieve this? thanks

2. JDB

JDB Very Senior Member

skeal likes this.
  3. newnews

4. Klueless

Klueless Very Senior Member

Another tack might be, "Why?" IF all you want to do is isolate "guests" from your privates simply set up your "guest" SSID and disable intranet access.

5. newnews

because I have another router(Tamato firmware) used as wifi extension does not allow me to use same ip section for 2nd vlan

6. Klueless

Klueless Very Senior Member

and ... there's the answer. Thank you.

7. JDB

JDB Very Senior Member

Not sure how it interacts with the vanilla guest settings tbh, not part of Yazfi I’ve played with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. newnews

Ok, the comment says the guest network must be configured in GUI before using the script, so the answer is clear