What's new

GUI adjustment

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Darkje

Hey, all.

I cannot seem to find what iam looking for but i would like to have some scripts in the gui of merlin.
and then be able to run them or just stop them. Is there any tutorial for this?

greetz

Not sure what scripts you refer to, but there's an addon via AMTM, called scMerlin where you can restart various services on the router.

Not sure what scripts you refer to, but there's an addon via AMTM, called scMerlin where you can restart various services on the router.

Thanks for you suggestion.
But I would actually like to have build in.
So like for instance the function disable leds = on / off.

Script name = on / off

Thanks for you suggestion.
But I would actually like to have build in.
So like for instance the function disable leds = on / off.

Script name = on / off
Hi Darkje,

While you did not mentionned what was your ASUS router model, on mine (RT-AC86U), the option to "Disable LEDs" is located on the "Administration - System" tab:

1657717190409.png

i know and i want to add a few new functions there, it was a sample description
while there's nothing stopping you from making requests of Merlin or Asus, you're probably much more likely to be successful in getting things customised by digging into scripting and the command line

i know and i want to add a few new functions there, it was a sample description
In that case (adding GUI options in the router menu), this is a very complex task to perform and suggest that you mention which additional custom scripts you would like to be added and see if some of the resident "experts" (including RMerlin) can be of assistance (or not).

Good luck!!!

If you're interested, there is also a script already for LED control on AMTM written by @thelonelycoder